Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help required with TM7100 HD

Hello Manic01, cuebase,
Need a bit more help with TM7100 HD, basically I'm up and running but not sure about the twin Sat tuners, got one set up okay but how do you access Tuner 2 to tune it in or record from it??
If I go into Menu - Satellite Setup - I can see Tuner - Loopthrough but cannot select Tuner
No matter what setting I choose in Tuner Connection ie: Loopthrough - Single or Twin,
I can't change it in Satellite setup, surely there must be some way of selecting which tuner to watch from and which one to record from? Manual is not much help
So hope you can

Regards

you can't choose between the tuner as the name says twin tuners they will have to be the same or loop through and when a recording starts it will switch to the channel you are going to record and you can't change channel for about a minute untill the tm starts recording and then you can change back to the channel you were watching this can be very irretating at times when your watching a game .
i've asked for a fix for this since i have my tm 7100 but nothing happened yet.

Hello thijss26, thanks for replying, think I'm getting nowhere fast, however thanks to you I now understand that the Tuners run in tandom,
but if I setup with loopthrough (1 LNB) how does this allow the lnb to be on say verticle polarity on one channel and horizontal for the one to record?

Saturday night I wanted to watch the fight but record another channel at the same time.
I left the fight on and setup to record the other when I looked next morning, nothing recorded at all
Any ideas or advice appreciated

Regards

with loop through it will be more or less the same as having one tuner your better of to have two feeds going into your tm(can only watch the same transponder)
i have mine running with two feeds from a multi lnb bracket and two diseq 4 port swithches with four octo lnb's aimed at 13+19+23.5+28.2 East
what kind of setup are you trying? you will need to cables running from a duo or quad lnb at least to get some use out of the twin tuners.
Have you got a fixed dish?

Glad you're around
The setup I have at moment is Quad LNB but only using 2 outlets
1st is to tuner 1 with diseqc switch so I can piggy back off my sons motorised dish with loop to tuner 2

2nd is to Sat tuner on my TV so I can watch all freeview channels without TM 800 HD on (makes it easier for my wife as she just uses TV as normal 1 remote)

If I put 2nd lead from LNB into tuner 2 would I be able to run loop to TV so as I could use TV as normal?

this i posible yes but tv will only be able to get the same transponder as your tm would be on (sat)
to get the record and watch something else option you realy have to run an other cable from your quad lnb and plug it into your 2nd tuner
and don't forget freeview is DTT not sat (arial), Freesat or Free to air is SAT channels
the tm7100 has two sat tuners and one DTT (freeview)tuner
My wife loves the tm7100 very easy to use for recording (redding programms)and planning (blueing programms)in the epg menu
we us DTT and sat combined the whole time

Think what I'll do is put Cable from second outlet LNB (remove from TV) and put in Tuner 2
that gives me a similar setup to you.

Then I'll try recording to see if I can get that right,

Then I might have to run cable from 3rd outlet LNB to TV

What a game, might have to come back to you if thats okay

Regards

Think what I'll do is put Cable from second outlet LNB (remove from TV) and put in Tuner 2
that gives me a similar setup to you.

Then I'll try recording to see if I can get that right,

Then I might have to run cable from 3rd outlet LNB to TV

What a game, might have to come back to you if thats okay

Regards

Sounds like a good plan
If you want to know more just ask thats what we are all here for to help each other.
Rgds

thijss26,
Set timer to record seemed ok!

Was watching BBC when timer came on it switched to correct Channel
As when I checked TM it was on new channel (Great)

Went to Menu, USB, found recording on HDD, but couldn't get it to play??

So I've deleted it and trying again tonight

But have you any ideas why I couldn't play it back?

Thanks

you will have to press the file list button on your remote this will bring you into your recordings list enter your pin and scroll to the recording you want to playand "ok" did you not read the manual ? lol (like most of us don't)

you are bang on! just read the manual before reading your reply.

But where I was really going wrong is using a logitech all in one Remote
it didn't have a File button on it. Will have to try and add one.

Sorry to wake you up again & thanks for all of your help

Back