Help Req. Solid Green Light - User Error!

snowyskater

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I little advice is required please. I have an old 500C that has been faithful to me for the past 3-4 years. I have had to do the odd image update now and again as VM change keys, but overall it has been a good little box.

This morning I lost all channels (Nottingham area) and so went about the usual checking signal strength, new searches etc with no joy. Coming back from work I decided it was about time to update the image to Neutrino V2.1 so I went about the FTP'ing over the image file. And here is where I made my mistake.

I didn't rename the .img as 'backup' and so when I transfered it and then telnet in to erase and reboot from back up, there wasn't one for it to work with.

I now have a box with a solid green light that won't respond to anything (yes I have tried pulling the power and plugging it back in), and it won't allow me to connect to it via the network.

I get the impression that I have truely f**ked it up, and the only option is a new one unless someone can help???

Any ideas, most wlecome and thanks in advance.

Snowy

Have u tried updating image with null modem cable and dream up?

OK - just thinking about it is flash erase and re flash the same as using a null modem cable (which I know to be a direct connection), as I can't currently access the box via the network? Sorry for sounding thick.

Using Dreamup mate, it gives you the option to flash erase the image already on before re-flashing (with null modem cable)

You need to d/L 'dreamup' then connect to box using 'null modem cable' then run dreamup and follow instructions. Though reading about the forum people near you in rugby and coventry are losing there channels too.....feel free to PM me if you need a working image

Back