Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help ps3 has vm card stuck in disc slot

Well i managed to get the card by taking the thing apart but it wont accept disks even though the card has been removed sorry mairyh didnt see your post about photographs but i am going to have another go tomorrow see if i can fix the mechanics of the drive

If you have left no damage or sign you have opened it mate, back it to sony.... dont open it again to see if you can fix it... put a disk it in, hope it gets jammed an back it to em ?

the warranty sticker is gone now though :( but it is out of warranty thats why i am tryin to do it myself

One good thing is today i made the wife get a new phone and with it we got an 80 gig brand spanker so if i fix this ill have 2 :) :) :)

the warranty sticker is gone now though :( but it is out of warranty thats why i am tryin to do it myself

ah I see, bugger..

I will be honest mate, the fact you put a "butter knife" in the slot has probably done something, if not the card prob would off to.

not too clued up on these bits, but id think prob a replacement drive ?

when i poked about (technical term) i didnt put any pressure on anything i think its just the grab mechanism probably somethin just needs popping back on a peg or something maybe a spring has come off ,gonna look again i think

You tend to find with slot loading drives that there is a clamp top and bottom of the spindle to hold the disc once in place.

There is normally a little arm on one side as well that lets the drive know when a disc has been inserted. Could be that if the card is in there, it is rest against this?

Note that this info is based on me taking apart a Pioneer DVD driver once.

ive recovered the card karym m8 but now when i try to insert the disk it just makes a clicking noise and wont pull it into the drive

ah I see, bugger..

I will be honest mate, the fact you put a "butter knife" in the slot has probably done something, if not the card prob would off to.

not too clued up on these bits, but id think prob a replacement drive ?

They are like gold dust apparently unless you pay sony to do it :(

You pay for the service, so I wouldnt have thought they are worried about the sticker. Possibly a good idea to check their terms and conditions out before you commit to it?

now youve got your new 1 m8 , if u cant manage to fix this 1 then your best bet would be to take it some where like blockbuster etc and sell it ! (least ya get something out of it )
as sony wont touch it with the warrenty sticker being messed with
bobo

Having failed twice to fix the br drive i contacted sony who told me to try the emergency eject method ,this failed so they are sending me a recon with 3 mnths warranty:) I havent mentioned that ive opened it up but i am getting the new one and then give the delivery man my old one so hopefully they wont want it back and i just wont bother trying to get tiger woods 08 back that i ended up gettin jammed in the drive with my diy repair job :)

Having failed twice to fix the br drive i contacted sony who told me to try the emergency eject method ,this failed so they are sending me a recon with 3 mnths warranty:) I havent mentioned that ive opened it up but i am getting the new one and then give the delivery man my old one so hopefully they wont want it back and i just wont bother trying to get tiger woods 08 back that i ended up gettin jammed in the drive with my diy repair job :)

good on ya m8 youll have to let us know if sony get back intouch or not

Well done sony, my ps3 arrived at 8.00 yesterday, looks as good as new.

I have uploaded the pics for Mairyhinge not sure if they are what you meant m8 but here they are.

Yeah they look good dont they, when they refurb them they put a brand new shell on it so they look shiney, but looking at mine now ive had it back for a month now and its dusty again already. Lets just hope that they dont cotton on that you opened it up plus if you want your game back youll be waiting a while im still waiting for my COD:WAW to be given back lol.

Back