Help ps3 has vm card stuck in disc slot

hybrid32

Inactive User
Reaction score
my 18 month old has it seems inserted our vm card into his brothers disc slot anyone know how to go about removing it :(

I just did a quick google and there are suggestions on using a pair of tweezers? Not something I would try...

Have you tried simply shaking it a bit to see if the card will drop out of the slot?

no m8 i cant even feel if its in there but i cant find it anywhere else so i can only assume its in there .I had a look at opening it up but it looks tricky and i could balls it up even more

From what I have seen on youtube, it is one hell of a task.

This may sound daft, but have you tried putting a disc in it? If it goes in, then I guess the card isnt in there? And if it gets stuck, Sony will do a warranty repair on it.

nightmare m8

but more to the point, can you now get upscaled cable tv via your console lol

soz, couldnt resist

From what I have seen on youtube, it is one hell of a task.

This may sound daft, but have you tried putting a disc in it? If it goes in, then I guess the card isnt in there? And if it gets stuck, Sony will do a warranty repair on it.

it wont accept a disk

It has just made a very nasty clunking noise as it tries to eject said foreign object :(
this is a nightmare

Have you tried pressing the eject button mate? Seriously though Im sure the only way is to open it up as when my WAW disc got stuck i googled it and the only way for me to get it out would have been to open it up, sony could have fixed it then ejected it but this is not possible cause its a card lol.

I wouldnt mind but i cant even watch cable so im off to try and buy some gear to open this baby up :)

well unlucky m8
let us know how u get on
rather u than me though
bobo

jesus...no cable tv and no ps3...fuk me i would rather goto jail......

i hope u put your little rascal on ebay lmfao.
I hope it works out for yer m8.... let us know how u get it out !!

i was in the same boat about 2 months ago my 16 month old nanaged to stick 4 disks in the machine i maged to get them out with pointing the front of the ps3 to the ground and shaking like hell

Well i managed to get the card by taking the thing apart but it wont accept disks even though the card has been removed sorry mairyh didnt see your post about photographs but i am going to have another go tomorrow see if i can fix the mechanics of the drive

Back