help please

pleasebecool

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, hope someone can help me with this, got aid today, formatted the drive on the xbox to put evo dash on but before i had chance to put dash on electric ran out, now i have a locked hd with no dash on ms or otherwise cannot put it in pc cause i get got backup of eeprom and no unlock codes. get error 13 on the xbox which is

Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

anyone help, please

I forgot you did the hot swap, I was thinking on msn that you had did it the AR method as per Retro's tut.
Did you get a backup of C: with xboxhdm, as it should have automatically made one.

Edit: which drive did you format? You've got to be careful with the auto-installers as they can wipe your entire drive of partitions in a push of a button.

Did you manage to ftp into the xbox from your pc beforehand?

Last edited:
i did use ar method like in retros sticky, its just that it had put both unleashx and evox so i thought if i format it first i can get rid of unleash alltogether

To be honest, I'm not sure where to go from here.

I don't know if you have formatted your C: drive and lost the lot, or just lost your three dash' files.

Did you get a backup of your C: drive, about halfway down the tut?

If you can still ftp to your xbox, isn't it just a case of replacing the contents of your backup C: to your xbox C: or am I missing something? (most probably!) :)

you are going to have to recreate all the partitions again.

Plug your xbox drive into your PC, then copy all the files of your backup into the correct folders:)

another option may be to download SLAYER 2.6, this should rebuild the drive for you....also check your PM's

I have hard of the AID causing problems......

DOH!!!!...

Get a Chip in it and Slayer will fix it.....Error 14, is there because you messed with the files on drive...it canny find the dash.,..

Back