help please

fc1965

Inactive User
Reaction score
My NT(L) box was working perfectley until monday when it seemed to go. When I reboot it does not go through the usual start up process and comes on with a zero in the display.

The onscreen message says no signal is recieved try checking the cables and re connect.

anyone have this problem before , I use a funcard

My NT(L) box was working perfectley until monday when it seemed to go. When I reboot it does not go through the usual start up process and comes on with a zero in the display.

The onscreen message says no signal is recieved try checking the cables and re connect.

anyone have this problem before , I use a funcard
check the network id

Its a ntl box thas been modified. It was working perfectly for ages then all of a sudden no signal.

I am inexperienced and dont know how to get the menu up its not really responding to any of the buttons

Ah i see well that narrows it down to three boxes so i think i'll guess its a 4001
a bit more information might help What box what card etc

the card says fun4 on the chip and the NTL box says pace on it but no model number. Told you I was inexeperienced but appreciate your help

can you tell us what box it is and we will tell you how to get into engineers menu mate dont worry if i'ma bit sarcastic (i'm packing in smoking AGAIN !!)

Ok if its a pace then unplug it from the mains hold the up and down button on the box and plug it in again Then hold till you enter eng menu Then check what it says your net id is

good luck with the fags, the box has no model no on it it says pace on it its about 3/4 years old

if you turn the box upside down , there should be a sticker with the model number on it

underneath there will be a sticker that says 4001 or 4010 but either one boots into eng the same .You will need to know what your net id should be but if your pure ntl then it should set this automatically

iam ntl and the net I/D says 0002 i got into the engineers menu

when i switch on now it gets stuck at the tune page its like no signal is being recieved.

All the cables are fine because when I use the genuine box it works fine

iam ntl and the net I/D says 0002 i got into the engineers menu

when i switch on now it gets stuck at the tune page its like no signal is being recieved.

All the cables are fine because when I use the genuine box it works fine
not netid looks like it is the stuck in tune syndrome

what does this mean any clues what to do
Is it a 4001 model mate ? these have a tendancy to get stuck in tune
Attached Files
rar.gif
Pace 4001-stuck in tune[1].part1.rar (1.39 MB, 0 views)
rar.gif
STUCK IN TUNE GUIDE Appendix B_pre(1).rar (733.3 KB, 0 views)
read these

I think your going to have to have a read on those attachments i posted mate Its not good but you may be lucky if you can solder and do a few basic checks

david i think were singing from the same song sheet lol !! Ive gotta go to bed now so i'll leave it to you mate

Back