Help!!! Please... Dm500 ber error some channels work some dont! Snr

hardy27

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a dm500s recently bought from china. the box has a Gemini 4.70 image with cccam 2.2.1. installed.
Some channels work but some have a BER error and SNR is strangely stuck on about 99% not even moving.
ive tried new images and still not working properly.

i even had an another dm500s with the exact image and setup and it works perfectly. spent 6hrs trying to fix the issue.

the sky dish/cables is ok because i have a vu duo and old dm500 and it works fine!

what can i do to fix the tuner fault??

If you've done a swap-out with other boxes and thay work perfectly, then this is unassailable PROOF that there is nothing wrong with your dish alignment, LNB, cabling, F ends.

It does PROVE beyond all doubt that the new box has a faulty dvb-s tuner and that the supplier should replace it under warranty. Sadly, you might suffer a hit on return postage though, so google for the best deal on that. Royal Mail won't be anywhere near the cheapest.

You'll probably want a Returns Number so email the supplier first with a full description of the problem and see what their instructions are. If you bought it via FleaBay with PayPal, you have buyer protection.

Cheers- AL :)

thanks Al! its a nightmare. odd that the tuner is ok on some channels with 0 BER and some channels signal drops and BER is high. the chinesse co. is a struggle, they make sorry excuses and what im aiming to do is get new tuners sent out for free.

Nothing odd about it m8! When I bought my two dm500 clones, one was good and the other was same as yours. But having two boxes made swap-out testing easy. Pressing RED then BLUE (in Commando) soon showed that all the working channels were HORIZONTAL polarity, while all the non-working channels were VERTICAL polarity.. Faulty tuner!

The UK supplier replaced the unit with a new and fully-working one, and even popped a fiver in the parcel to refund my return postage!

Cheers- AL ;)

thats a result for you mate! i got the dreambox working finally. not sure how but i think it had something to do with dreamboxexit when i transferred the files.... such a wolly lol

paphosAL have you got some know some knowledge on vu duo clones. i have a v3.0 and ive done a 3.2 secuirty chipset update. when i upload openvix image 3.0 build 700+ is stuck on starting. but when i revert back to build 679 it works?

Back