HELP NEEDED (WATCHING GERMAN CHANNELS WITH SUBS)

---

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am learning the German language and want to watch channels with subtitles.

Currently using a Humax Freesat and even though i select subtitles (German) Nothing happens) works on some french channels.

Anyway what receiver do i need as i heard its analogue that is used, i would also like the box to be able to have a pvr function but one that allows subtitles on the respective channels i will be very happy with.

Thanks.

Your receiver is fine, the problem lies finding channels with English subtitles enabled,

Have a look down this list, look at the (A pid language) for German and English together, you could also try YouTube, good luck with you learning.
FlySat Germany TV Channels

Your receiver is fine, the problem lies finding channels with English subtitles enabled,

Have a look down this list, look at the (A pid language) for German and English together, you could also try YouTube, good luck with you learning.
FlySat Germany TV Channels
Sorry i typed it out real quick, i would like german subtitles not in english as i cant understand the spoken version at the capacity or with recognition of most words but with the german subtitles i can gather how the language e.g. phrases are used and recognise a lot of the words i learned in conversation.
However i cant get any german channels to have subtitles even in german.

Im unsure if there is two satellites and maybe the one i'm pointing at doesn't have subtitles as i thought German subtitles were displaying before or maybe that was another receiver.

Last edited:
Not all channels carry subtitles its a case of finding them, you say you can get French subtitles so your receiver will get German, might be best using YouTube as mentioned.

Not all channels carry subtitles its a case of finding them, you say you can get French subtitles so your receiver will get German, might be best using YouTube as mentioned.
Thanks for the youtube idea i dint understand how to get german youtube then when you said i thought of course and just typed .de instead.
Now its going to be much easier and fun, danke :).

Thanks for the youtube idea i dint understand how to get german youtube then when you said i thought of course and just typed .de instead.
Now its going to be much easier and fun, danke :).

You can also select subtitles in settings, anyhow you've found a way that works for you, good luck with your learning.

Back