help on softcams

SatBug

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello,

I'm experienced in programming equipment etc, but new to the digital satellite world. I have a technomate TM-5402 HD Reciever which Ive patched with the latest Unofficial patch, you tube and online services work fine.

However I believe I need to also install the Add on to enable CCCam and Newcamd server access

Im also unsure exactly what a softcam is, I presume it is just the settings of a card sharing server in a config file as opposed to entering the info manual, please can somebody explain exactly what they are and how to use them

OK here's a general view

The Patch is the software that the satellite receiver uses.
The Add On, as you correctly state, enables the use of CCCam and Newcamd

The Softcam is a set of HEX keys - this allows the software to de-crypt certain channels without any exterior computer or modem having to be attached to the satellite receiver.

Hope that helps

hello,

I'm experienced in programming equipment etc, but new to the digital satellite world. I have a technomate TM-5402 HD Reciever which Ive patched with the latest Unofficial patch, you tube and online services work fine.

However I believe I need to also install the Add on to enable CCCam and Newcamd server access

Im also unsure exactly what a softcam is, I presume it is just the settings of a card sharing server in a config file as opposed to entering the info manual, please can somebody explain exactly what they are and how to use them
Like you already know once you've added the latest add-on you will be able to go into server menu by pressing 8281 while watching a channel this is the ccam and newcamd menu then you will need a c/n-line to add into this ,use the link i already gave you to get a 24hr testline and add c/n-line as i already explained to you.
Make sure your tm is connect to a router with a lan cable or this will not work.Ccam is a way of sharing a card with someone else and the c/n-line will let you login to
other persons server or stb.

Softcams are the keys to the providers that are hacked at the moment this would be mainly on bulsat at 39east or canaal digitaal at 19.2east

Back