Help - New Dreambox bricked - Dreamup not working

read this m8 if you havent allready HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest m8 i cant remember it was a while back , im sure there is a tut somewhere for this

You cannot select an image before you click connect.

This is f**king stupid.. all I did was attempt to flash a neutrino image...and its b0rked it....dbox2 u can use IFA over ethernet.....why cant we do the same for dreambox?

if you cannot upload the new neutrino by cryo with dreamup
then dreamup a base image from dream multimedia then follow cryo's instructions for upping the neutrino.
sounds like the neutrino you have is corrupted, if so you can flash it 1000 times and it still won't work.
download another copy.

Hi - I appreciated your help in all this...and the other replies...but if people are not going to read the thread why bother.

I would love to just 'dreamup' an image.....however Dreamup is not connecting to my box...thats the issue

nope - none work - tried both my laptop and my pc and nothing connects to this f**kin box....annoyed as it's brand new today.

Anything else - other suggestions?

can u open up hyperterminal with connection 115200 8 none 1 none and power up dreambox keep pressing enter untill u "hopefully" get the dreammultimedia jobby if u do then u should be able to get it going with a version of dreamup and the original image

cheers

osborne82

I have read the instructions and done just that, however it doesnt work. The guide doesnt mention what to do in this case!

untick the use network box
and use the serial cable.
click connect then turn the box on, then flash the image.
dreamboxes are not dboxs if you get the network flashing working then please let us know.
you must have a null modem lead if you have a dbox, 90% od dbox owners have a serial lead.

If it doesn't work then you will need to check your serial lead or the comport settings.

Last edited:
untick the use network box
and use the serial cable.
click connect then turn the box on, then flash the image.
dreamboxes are not dboxs if you get the network flashing working then please let us know.
you must have a null modem lead if you have a dbox, 90% od dbox owners have a serial lead.

If it doesn't work then you will need to check your serial lead or the comport settings.

People really are not reading this....I have a null modem / rs232 lead connected on its own. I also understanding dbox's are not dreamboxes (vice versa....my dbox bloody works for a start!)

and we are trying to help, your the one keeps going off on one

and we are trying to help, your the one keeps going off on one
I'm not...I simply don't see the point in people posting something that's been posted 3 times already.

It's rather frustrating as it is having a dreambox which was working and now isnt. Reading the same thing is tantamount to ringing up MS support and having them say "Have you tried a reboot?"

In any case...nothing has worked thus far.

Have you unticked the box saying "Use Network" in dreamup ?
You have waffled a lot but not actually given any useful info except it doesn't work.
Do you get anything in hyperterminal ?

You will get limited help if you give limited info.

We all know your frustrated but that won't help you sort your box.

m8 the ways you have been told are correct , now if its not working i have no idea why somebody must have had this happen to them be Patient give then chance to post

Have you unticked the box saying "Use Network" in dreamup ?
You have waffled a lot but not actually given any useful info except it doesn't work.
Do you get anything in hyperterminal ?

You will get limited help if you give limited info.

We all know your frustrated but that won't help you sort your box.
Point taken.

I have followed the instructions to the letter. I have unticked network...I have made sure my com1 is the correct port and set that. I have removed all cables from the dbox except the serial cable. I have tried hyperterminal but without success, i pressed enter from the moment i plugged in the dreambox...all to no avail.

Just to describe exactly nwhat is happening again.

I flashed the Neutrino Da Vodka Xmas Edition image over an Enigma one.....it worked fine and rebooted....and gave the boot logo / picture (The one with the Black Russian bottle if you know the image).

It simply sits on this screen (splash screen with picture) and will not move. This is exactly the same when I attempt to use Dreamup (I have tried every version)The annoying things is that the box worked with enigma..

If hyperterminal doesn't show anything then there are two options.

1 the serial port is fecked (highly unlikely)

2 the comport on the computer is setup for the dbox and needs to be changed to 115200 instead of 9600 (this caught me out when i changed to the dream)

If hyperterminal doesn't show anything then there are two options.

1 the serial port is fecked (highly unlikely)

2 the comport on the computer is setup for the dbox and needs to be changed to 115200 instead of 9600 (this caught me out when i changed to the dream)

Thats set correctly too

have you tried flashwizard pro did have a read back through post but didnt see any mention of it

have you tried flashwizard pro did have a read back through post but didnt see any mention of it

I didn't know that was an alternative piece of software to bring a box back from the dead?

Does it do the same as dreamup then?

download flashwizard from download section and try that, but i think you have to set ip address of box.

download flashwizard from download section and try that, but i think you have to set ip address of box.

Unfortunately Idon't think that is anygood as it requires LAN access to the box...the network has not been established as the box cannot boot.

I have tried it but it asks for an ip of the dreambox...I put the default in but I cannot tell what it is if it is something different.

Next.. (getting rather annoyed now)

Anyone else have any iideas......130quid down the drain otherwise :)

if you got it from dvb then he has a one year warranty.
all depends where it came from.

Back