Help - New Dreambox bricked - Dreamup not working

Wiggz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys

Just got a Dreambox after finally biting the bullet from dbox2.

I tried to flash a neutrino image onto the box which already had enigma.

The Neutrino splash screen just sits there.

I found Dreamup (IFA equivilent) and tried to follow the instructions....stick Null Modem in....boot dreambox etc..

However it simply boots to the splash screen of the bricked image.....nothing is working.

Any ideas?

Somebody mentioned using network (LAN) and null modem in conjunction....??

Try flashing the correct firmware to match your tuner.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=102266

Rel1.08 for the old tuners and rel1.09 for the new tuner. Rel1.09 would work for both.

If you are flashing a MaxVar image, i.e. Gemini 3.20, 3.30, you will need to use Dreamup or use the telnet method. See link above...

Once it's flashed, change the network settings to suit your network and flash with whatever image you want, use either dreamup, flash wizard pro or the telnet method.

Not sure what you mean by the splash screen? Bootup picture?

yea bootup picture....tis a neutrino "Xmas Vodka edition".

Do I still use the dreamup method?

plus - how do i flash the firmware without an active connection to the box!

Read what Cryo has said in the first post in the feedback thread.

He explains how to flash it. You can use dreamup but I would ftp the image to the /tmp folder and use the telnet method to flash it.

If you only have a null modem cable then use Dreamup.

no - i have a cross over too...however I can't ftp in as the image is not booting and therefore the network connection is not active?

Yeh you'll just need to use dreamup then. I would advise you get a crossover ethernet cable too as you will want to backup the image or just services and bouquets when you get it working the way you want!

Yeh you'll just need to use dreamup then. I would advise you get a crossover ethernet cable too as you will want to backup the image or just services and bouquets when you get it working the way you want!
Thanks for replies mate.

I told you in previous post...I have a cross over cable, but I cannot use that cos the image itself is sticking at the boot logo...going no further!

My issue is that dreamup is not working through serial cable - I am hitting connect, and then booting dreambox...but it simply goes through to the boot lofo/picture again and nothing additional happens.

Any more ideas matey?

Sorry m8, I read it but I never read it, if you know what I mean! :)

Maybe try a different version of dreamup?

nope - none work - tried both my laptop and my pc and nothing connects to this f**kin box....annoyed as it's brand new today.

Anything else - other suggestions?

Disconnect all other cables from the box and only connect the serial cable.

Load dreamup and click 'connect'. Make sure the 'use network' box is UNTICKED.

Then power the box on. It should upload the bootloader.

Click FLASH and select the image (.img) from the select box.

It should then be flashed. Takes about 10 minutes.

If all else fails, I would think about contacting the seller for a replacement or refund!

when you say bootloader - is that something extra I need to be stipulating....all I am doing at the moment is going to dreamup....specifying the com port...booting the box and thats it.

It isn't doing anything at all in dreamup...do I have to do anything else?

are you hitting connect in dreamup then pluging the dreambox in to the mains

are you hitting connect in dreamup then pluging the dreambox in to the mains

YEs - its saying "Connect prepared" and then I am putting the adapter into the back of the dreambox.

just nothing is happening.

Was working with enigma - but this flash seems to have screwed it.

all i can say is when i put neutrino and it screwed box up, i plugged in both cables started dreamup selected image i wanted to load, click connect then pluged in box in the mains and it flashed, it did take longer but it flashed fine.

all i can say is when i put neutrino and it screwed box up, i plugged in both cables started dreamup selected image i wanted to load, click connect then pluged in box in the mains and it flashed, it did take longer but it flashed fine.

So you have both ethernet andf serial in? Plus, you select an image to flash before you click 'connect'?

My dreamup doesnt have that option..

Is that right....what I just said is what you do?

that is what i did m8 im using version 1.2.2.0 of dreamup

how did you select an image BEFORE you clicked connect?

if you cannot upload the new neutrino by cryo with dreamup
then dreamup a base image from dream multimedia then follow cryo's instructions for upping the neutrino.
sounds like the neutrino you have is corrupted, if so you can flash it 1000 times and it still won't work.
download another copy.

Back