help needed - weird problems

blackj90

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have 2 modems guys, both n*l, both cloned, one is an amb100 the other an amb200.

both work fine on my comp however when i brought the amb200 to a friends house to give him - it wont work.

the RDY light on the modem (far right) flashes at one second intervals for about 30 seconds then the computer freezes. when computer is froze the D/s light and PWR light on the amb200 modem are continous.

When i tried my modem - amb100 - it done the same.

both computers are the same version of xp-pro however both modems work fine on my pc and not my friends.

the only difference between 2 pc,s is that on mine in network connections i have a "1394 Net Adapter connection" aswell as my "n*l LAN connection"

this really has me pickled guys, i have been reading through posts and have not seen anyone with a problem even similar to mine.

Does ne one know wat the f**k is going on - sorry bout the language, im major frustrated lol, thanx alot guys for any feedback or suggestions.

just had a thought
guy did have legit broadband in b4 about 8 months ago howver cancelled within his 14 day CSG. guy has analouge box in living room though and it works fine - just wondering whether broadband feed alone could be disonnected whilst still leaving analouge feed.

:nopity:

just had a thought
guy did have legit broadband in b4 about 8 months ago howver cancelled within his 14 day CSG. guy has analouge box in living room though and it works fine - just wondering whether broadband feed alone could be disonnected whilst still leaving analouge feed.

^ - no chance

i had this problem when i first connected my modem,
the power light and d/s constantly flashed.

to solve this, i just left the modem flash away for 10 min then i was issued a valid ip.

not saying it will work for you m8, but did the job for me

u say comp freezes? try using the usb or replace the network card in the problem pc.

try pluggin it in whilst the pc is switched off
my pc crashes when i plug anythin into it :p

just shut down pc, plug modem in, wait 2 mins, start pc

and it should work :)

if that dont work use usb (make sure u changed mac of the usb :p )

regards

The feed going into the room where the pc is.. is no longer live.

The modem does NOT need a pc to pick up a valid IP, so power the modem up using the power feed where his TV is, fire the anologue box cable feed into the modem and if all the lights light up (as im pretty sure they will) You'll have your answer right there.

check ya ip Start>run>type cmd hit enter in new window type ipconfig an hit enter

if the ip starts 169 then theirs no connection between modem an pc (check cables an disable firewall)

if the ip starts 192 then theirs either no signal or you've got a bad mac (cant be that as it works for you unless your to far apart, check ya ubr theirs a few threads on ubrs just do a search)

if the ip ends between 248-255 then the modem is unreg or disabled by cc for none payment ect ect (just use another mac)

let us know what ip u get just edit last segment of ya ip we dont want cc's prying eyes lookin at that type of info

thanx.

cheers guys for the info, much obliged, turned out the ip started with 192 which confirmed the signal strength was too little, got a friend off mine to sort it out via green box in street.

everything working fine now so once again guys thanx alot for the help.

:Cheers:

Back