Help lite-on bad erase jungleflasher

sniggyfish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi as the title says i was going through the process doing a lite-on dg-16d2s 74850c pressed liteon erase then pc froze now jungle flasher wont reconise it because i have deleted the firmware .....(i have the key )
I done alot of searching and reading so i have tried dosflash , l-o-eras, jungle flasher and dos32 and all i get is STATUS 0x80 been at this for 3 days so frustating any one got any better methods im misssing .......

open jf load the 3 files you saved when you read the drive then light-on erase again then write
or load dummy bin the light-on erase then write

Last edited:
thanx for the reply but when i do that lite-on erase gives me 0x80 then when i press write i get drive returned invalid status .....i need to get 0x72 but wot ever i do its always 0x80 :grayno:

not sure about 0x80 but i used to get the freez's when i erased liteons and it was because i hadent removed the drivers for my via card.

reboot pc then try m8 always works
but loading the dummy bin and then write should work but keep trying the erase till you get 72

done it before but tried it again a reboot then liteon erase still same must of tried this bout 150 in 3 days bummer

if you carnt do it i will sort it send me the drive and key i will unlock it

im using on board sata via 0591 , win 7 , 32 bit .........so the bit bout the driver disabling even if dos 32 opens correctly

Sorry, I don't have a definite answer.

Why not try it? I'm sure you know already know how....... press f8 when booting up. It should be the second option from the bottom. I also chose run as administrator and in xp sp3 mode.

just tried exactly wot u wrote and when i choose my sata the box is greyed out and atapi drive not detected think im running out of solutions not looking good ....

I feel your pain the exact same thing happened to me yesterday.
And my pc froze during the erase after trying several things I put my sata card in in a old xp machine and managed to sort it out

i got a spare hdd ill have a go with a fresh install off xp , might aswell hey !!! cheers

monty thats exactly wot ive been doing with no joy....

still gonna keep trying but ordered a new drive , after 4 days of trying my heads frazzled of just seeeing 0x80 bloody nightmare....

mate it will not hurt sending the drive to sume one on DW i think thay will fix it for free

Back