help in setting the satellite dish and dreambox

sherimian

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear all

I am a newbie here

I want to watch the sky U.K. channels in the Netherlands.

i did know anything about the size of the dish and lnbs so I have got this equipment to set it up.

1) triax dish 50 cm .

2) quad lnb.

3) Diseqc 4* 1 switch.

4) dreambox 7020s

5) i have another receiver but i do not know its exact name and no. as it is in the store packed.

so here are my questions.

1) how to set up all this to get sky u.k. channels with the dreambox?

2) can i use diseqc switch with quad lnb to connect to 3 or 4 different satellites? if not then how should i connect this lnb with the dreambox?

3) can i use the other receiver with dreambox on the same lnb to connect to a different satellite?

please can some one guide me through all this stuff?

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
can only answer question 2 and 3, (2) you cannot use a diseqc switch with a quad lnb,one lnb=one satellite.you can connect up to 4 single tuner satellite boxes to a quad lnb,go from each outlet straight to the lnb input on the box.
(3)NO as said one lnb=one satellite.
PS I"d try and read up on the subject a bit more before buying anymore equipment.Check out the dreambox section of this site click on forums at the top of the page followed by satellite then scroll down to the dreambox 7020 section

Last edited:
Type Dishpointer into google, let it load up type in your location and the satellite you want. This will get you pointed in the right direction to begin with. You will either need a satellite metre or your box connected to tweak the alignment. Basically you will have to go into the receivers setup menu select the satellite Astra 2A/2B/1N/2D or what ever the Dreambox call 28.2/28.5 east. Then select a transponder with a pretty strong signal 10714 or 10788. The receiver should have signal strength and quality. Quality is the important one. Then move the dish left to right, up and down to get the strongest quality figure.

This is a basic desciption and I have no experience with with dream-boxes. Watch this video it runs through from assembly to dish alignment
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOVV02lKHxk&feature=related

_http://www.dishpointer.com/

A diseqc switch is a combiner that allows you to run a cable from several lnbs to the switch and then a single cable to the receiver. The benefit of this over a motor is changes are instant.

You can use a quad lnb with a switch. So if there is a dish pointed to your native satellite with such an lnb, you can fit another dish pointing to another satellite (if necessary) and combine the two sets of signals and then run to your receiver. On the service searching page, you will have to set up the tuner as diseqc and select which satellite is in which port.

Back