Help HP Compaq dc7600 Small Form Factor PC Black Screen

G30

Inactive User
Reaction score
PC Won't Boot

Hello Digital Friends i need some help with my pc i removed the processor and put some thermal grease on top then put the heat siink back on with the fan i changed the ram about and all i get is blank screen tried diff hard drive still cant boot to windows ? any help is much appriciated thanks! :xmas:

Last edited:
Re: PC Won't Boot

try to see if it's posting mate...remove ram and boot it up if it beeps, replace with good ram, if not...try removing vga card and see if it beeps....sounds like ram worth a go

try to see if it's posting mate...remove ram and boot it up if it beeps, replace with good ram, if not...try removing vga card and see if it beeps....sounds like ram worth a go

Superb! thanks for the info much appriciated: santahat

Hello Digital Friends i need some help with my pc i removed the processor and put some thermal grease on top then put the heat siink back on with the fan i changed the ram about and all i get is blank screen it was beeping 9 times i removed the bios battery and replaced with 1 i had in my spare box now it dosen't beep but cant get into the bios settings and dosen't boot to windows do i need to reset the bios or cmos ? it wont open the cd to let me install windows from CD any help much appriciated thanks!

275588.jpg

intel-p4.gif

Last edited:
check psu selector switch is in 240v position not moved to 115v also if you have removed bits re-check you have fitted correctly, ie pins on proc ok memory fitted some of those boards you have to really push to get the sticks in the socket

also have a look here

check psu selector switch is in 240v position not moved to 115v also if you have removed bits re-check you have fitted correctly, ie pins on proc ok memory fitted some of those boards you have to really push to get the sticks in the socket

also have a look here

Hey thanks hatab is the psu selector on the power pack ? i cant find it , there's a solid green light on the motherboard when the pc is on and shutdown ? thanks for the attachment i'll have a look at it after and see how i get on much appriciated thanks! :xmas:

psu voltage selector on the outside by the mains input, if it has been pushed to 115v then remove plug before moving to 240v.

So has this been resolved now? I put the two threads together to hopefully help. Was this the ram in the wrong slots? Or a loose graphics or other?

you think if i move the ram about mite help ? yip it could be wrong plug somewhere when i replaced the cmos battery the bios beeping stopped but the screens still blank solid gree light is present on motherboard when powered on and off i'll try locate the voltage supply switch tomorow and remove and try installing 1 device at a time the keyboard dosent beep when pressed on power up it doesn't detected ? thanks : multi :

Last edited:

Do you still have your old ram? If you do, try putting that back in and see if it will boot.

The original ram came with the machine is present yup im think mite need bios flashes what you think you think if i move the ram about mite help ? yip it could be wrong plug somewhere when i replaced the cmos battery the bios beeping stopped but the screens still blank solid gree light is present on motherboard when powered on and off i'll try locate the voltage supply switch tomorow and remove and try installing 1 device at a time the keyboard dosent beep when pressed on power up it doesn't detected ? thanks ?

you think if i move the ram about mite help ? yip it could be wrong plug somewhere when i replaced the cmos battery the bios beeping stopped but the screens still blank solid gree light is present on motherboard when powered on and off i'll try locate the voltage supply switch tomorow and remove and try installing 1 device at a time the keyboard dosent beep when pressed on power up it doesn't detected ? thanks

my advice is to undo what you did and see what happens. might need to clear your cmos.

thats what i was thinking , you think if i move the ram about mite help ? yip it could be wrong plug somewhere when i replaced the cmos battery the bios beeping stopped but the screens still blank solid gree light is present on motherboard when powered on and off i'll try locate the voltage supply switch tomorow and remove and try installing 1 device at a time the keyboard dosent beep when pressed on power up it doesn't detect it ?

How would i go about clear cmos ? thanks :BLOBBY:

How many ram slots do you have, how many sticks of ram are you using and what type?

Hi pinkhelmets have 4 ram slots on motherboard 2 black slots + 2 white slots

The ram was in it was 2x 256MB (1Rx16 PC2 - 4200U-444-11-C1) thanks

Last edited:
ok will try thanks

Hi cant see psu voltage selector on the outside by the mains input :Wave:

It wont open the CD Rom + when booting up i press any key on the keyboard there's no beep blank screen with me replacing an old cmos battery i had in my spares should the cmos or bios not need reset ?

Last edited:
Hi cant see psu voltage selector on the outside by the mains input :Wave:

It wont open the CD Rom + when booting up i press any key on the keyboard there's no beep blank screen with me replacing an old cmos battery i had in my spares should the cmos or bios not need reset ?

This Thread is Closed

im putting it down to motherboard failure :flame:

Back