OS Cant boot windows 8 on my desktop PC, need help.

spajta111

New Member +
Reaction score
I have a laptop and the desktop, i installed windows 8 pro x64 on my laptop successful and runs great.
And on my desktop PC i had windows 7 x64 ultimate and i wanted to install windows 8 pro x64, so i installed it but when the PC restarts to boot to windows 8 i see just that blue windows logo and then the screen goes black and stays that way forever. I cant find a solution for this, can anyone help?

My desktop PC configuration:
4 gb of ram DDR2
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 220
Motherboard: biostar N61PB-M2s
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6450
and 500 gb hdd

There's a trick to start the Windows 8 Recovery Utility - Soon as you see the Blue Windows screen, press and hold the power button till it powers off. Do this twice On the 3rd boot, it kicks in. you should see it say along the bottom 'Starting Windows Recovery' or something along those lines.

Thanks, but that didn't help, i fixed it by restoring default settings in bios and saved it, then reinstalled win 8 OS again and and it booted up just fine.

Thanks, but that didn't help, i fixed it by restoring default settings in bios and saved it, then reinstalled win 8 OS again and and it booted up just fine.
I would not go to a bios problem, so no restoring default settings was necessary. Maybe some files conflict with the old windows 7 installation, or did you do a clean install?

Back