help glasgow area

bigtam

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi boys been messin about with my tm600 for a few months now, to be honest i think i have finally gubbed it!! need in house sevice call...help please...

no where near you but.. if you post whats wrong might be able to advise how you could fix yourself :)

have you got a null modem cable ?

thanks for quick response, firstly i was messis about holding power button and three digit number would display, so uploaded that way...had some problems with this not displaying any transponders ect...when i tried holding power again display jst kept flashing...out yesterday got null modem cable and followed instruction by digidude on how to do this....when i pressed ok on receiver for serialupdate msg is..pc not responding..will retry. key(-1)
p.s not great with computers:THANKS:

hi boys been messin about with my tm600 for a few months now, to be honest i think i have finally gubbed it!! need in house sevice call...help please...

Mate, I could come to yer pad and have your box singing within 15 mins but you will learn much more by having a go yourself with the help & guidance of the members in this forum. That way you will get more out of your box yourself by palying more with it and trying different things yourself.
As ToneDeff states, post your problem here and we will help you get through it and any subsequent problems.

Look at your problems as challenges - that's what I always say !! :proud:

does the box still load into enigma at all ?

have you tried pressing the up button on front of receiver when turning on and doing a factory reset from there

yes m8 done factory reset and have enigma image back on it..thats all i can get now.....

thanks also mannachie, 3 months of playin around and gettin nowhere, see footy coming and going!!!was told of steep learnig curve,i Didnt realise it was vertical lol

have original back on but cant change image, tried ethernet and null.

so you have flashed the TM retail "original" image onto it, and now you are unable to flash UR to it ? what ethernet method did you try and what errors did you get ?

you need to post what your problems are in more detail, makes it alot easier to help.

do you know i.p of box, have you tried flashing "UR image" with TM Linux Loader.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/208797/

that's the method i always use.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, thanks, going to try that again. see how i get on... at least im back to where i was 3 mths ago lol....lots of f.t.a..

ps because of the trouble i have had i asked a local guy in the know, what the best solution was for my lack of knowlege. he told me to hand my box in and he would sort it out for c/s ect... 50 english pounds for admin! and 80 pounds for 6 mths! didnt like the sound of that...any thoughts.....

well we don't discuss paying for c/s here so if that's your problem your at the wrong place.

okay m8 one of many problems....thanks again for advise..

Which image do you have on the receiver, the original Technomate image or Underground Resistance. If you reboot the TM600 it will show the boot screen, if its the UR image then all you need to do is load a flash drive with an image, rename it TM600_Update.img, stick it in the receiver and flash from the USB drive. Easiest way I've found so far and no messing with FTP, Null modem or d/load from server. File already renamed and ready to be unrar'd and put on a flash drive. Image is from the 11/10 and personally I find it to be the best image for the TM600 yet.

Regards

Liam

cheers liam, i rebooted and seen no screen at all..when i looked into the info section then about this is what it said???????????
boxtype:DM500
Manufacturer: is not a dreambox
boardrev:
kernel:linux 2.6.9
realease 0460
who knows what i.v put on

cheers liam, i rebooted and seen no screen at all..when i looked into the info section then about this is what it said???????????
boxtype:DM500
Manufacturer: is not a dreambox
boardrev:
kernel:linux 2.6.9
realease 0460
who knows what i.v put on

Looks like you have flashed on a dreambox image of some kind, no wonder it isn't happening. As per the above post, download TM linux loader onto your pc. Press the LAN button on the remote to get the box IP number which will likely be something like 192.168.1.xx. Once you are at this point we'll take the next step.

think you'll have problems using TM Linux Loader, if the img loaded already is'nt labled as TM600, the loader does model check before sending new img.

Thanks again and again.... yeah cant get into loader.. when i hold the power button it doesnt respond the way it did before...when i put in ip number in browser a PASSWORD WINDOW OPENS AS SO

The server 192.168.1.XXX at dreambox requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

USERNAME

PASSWORD

ANY IDEAS?

You could always try using Technomate Control Centre and flash via serial it might just get it back again.
Technomate Control Centre 7.1 can be downloaded from here
And the tutorial written by Digidude is available here.
That should get you out of this situation and use the image that I posted earlier in this thread.

Regards

Liam

tried that and followed instructions and keeps telling me cant connect to pc when i press ok to start download....

Back