Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help Deciding

portbhoy

Inactive User
Ok I ned help deciding on a new satellite reciever, my initial thoughts are Vu+ Duo as this seems to be the all singing all dancing box just now. The problem is I don't record never have done so is solo a better option even though it has lower spec?

I also waited ages for the TM800 to come out then shyed away from buying it because of initial reports, now I know there has been a recall on them to reflash chips has this improved anything is it a box to consider again?

Last contender is the Clarke Tech ET-9000 HD, seems to have a better spec even than the VU Duo but it's a new box and although Vix team has released an image for it I'm always a bit nervous of buying a box that has no real support yet.

So thats my list guys/gals whats your thoughts, do you have another contender I have already overlooked?

Vu+ Duo is a superb box. I cannot speak highly enough of it but if you dont record then is a waste of money. I would plump for importing in a clone DM800 from china with the new rev M tuner. £130 delivered and works fine with no glitching anymore.

Sorry should have said I already have a genuine DM800, Openbox S9, Spiderbox Sd5000, TM600 and a DM500s

What the new one for then? More money than you know what to do with? Could always send it my way if its burning a hole lol :)

I will never get my money back on the Dm800 not with the clones going about, I am selling the others tho so I will be left with 2 boxes hopefully my sales will for the most part offset the cost of the new box.

ah right I see. Well as I said the vu+ Duo is superb and would highly recommend but is it worth the money on twin tuners if your not gonna record? Another option might be the new qbox HD Mini. £180 with one tuner or £205 with two. Runs enigma2 from usb (supplied) and had fairly good early reviews. I have no experience of them but maybe worth a look.

I looked at qbox mini but from what I can see it lacks cccam support unless someone can tell me differently.

from memory it runs oscam which will connect fine to cccam. I thought it could work cccam as client too.

Back