Help Deciding

portbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok I ned help deciding on a new satellite reciever, my initial thoughts are Vu+ Duo as this seems to be the all singing all dancing box just now. The problem is I don't record never have done so is solo a better option even though it has lower spec?

I also waited ages for the TM800 to come out then shyed away from buying it because of initial reports, now I know there has been a recall on them to reflash chips has this improved anything is it a box to consider again?

Last contender is the Clarke Tech ET-9000 HD, seems to have a better spec even than the VU Duo but it's a new box and although Vix team has released an image for it I'm always a bit nervous of buying a box that has no real support yet.

So thats my list guys/gals whats your thoughts, do you have another contender I have already overlooked?

Vu+ Duo is a superb box. I cannot speak highly enough of it but if you dont record then is a waste of money. I would plump for importing in a clone DM800 from china with the new rev M tuner. £130 delivered and works fine with no glitching anymore.

Sorry should have said I already have a genuine DM800, Openbox S9, Spiderbox Sd5000, TM600 and a DM500s

blade 7000 hd is also around the £150 mark and support seems to be ok so far

What the new one for then? More money than you know what to do with? Could always send it my way if its burning a hole lol :)

I will never get my money back on the Dm800 not with the clones going about, I am selling the others tho so I will be left with 2 boxes hopefully my sales will for the most part offset the cost of the new box.

ah right I see. Well as I said the vu+ Duo is superb and would highly recommend but is it worth the money on twin tuners if your not gonna record? Another option might be the new qbox HD Mini. £180 with one tuner or £205 with two. Runs enigma2 from usb (supplied) and had fairly good early reviews. I have no experience of them but maybe worth a look.

I looked at qbox mini but from what I can see it lacks cccam support unless someone can tell me differently.

from memory it runs oscam which will connect fine to cccam. I thought it could work cccam as client too.

Back