Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Virgin email setup problem

Could you be more specific - XP or Vista or other, outlook express, outlook 2003, outlook 2007, or Virgin's own email? If you are using outlook 2007 or Vista's windows mail it should set it up for you. There's obviously a password error somewhere. If you've enered the wrong password more than a few times you will have to ring the virgin helpline (I hate having to do that - virgin is marginally better than ntl, but only just). It's probably that the ntl server is giving a problem and it may go away. If you are using outlook express, and the link you gave suggests you are, then try logging on directly at the Virgin home page, Virgin Media - digital TV, broadband, phone and mobile then click mail (the orange button to the right of the screen). If you can do that then you'll know that it's your outlook settings that are wrong. If you can't then you've got the wrong password or you've been blocked.

While I was writing you replied to someone else indicating that it is your outlook account which is troublesome, and you can use your ntl/virgin email. When you have set up an account in outlook (or any other email client such as thunderbird for that matter) and it doesn't work, it's best to delete it and start again. You've already got the correct page for the instructions on how to do it. You could try switching off your firewall while you are setting it up, although I have to say I have never needed to do this. It's very important to get the ports right on the advanced settings tab, and try ticking and unticking the requires authentication tab. Some accounts require a lot of trial and error, I have found. Eventually you get there. Very important to copy the passwords correctly, and make sure caps lock is off - all the usial traps.

Back