[Help] Cant make picons work

tzic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I ve been trying for 2 weeks to make picons work on my box. Still no luck. What I ve tried so far:

- put picons in all available locations including media/hdd/picon, media/usb/picon and even in internal flash
- edited picon2.py file and added hdd support
- changed filenames from 1_0_82_F3A_7F3_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png to:

1:0:82:F3A:7F3:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
or
1:0:82:F3A:7F3:2:11A0000:0:0:0.png
or
1:0:82:F3A:7F3:2:11A0000:0:0:0:.png
or
name_of_channel.png as shown to menu>settings>information

- used piconload plugin to specify the picons location on hard disk or internal or usb
- put a picon_default.png file to picons directory and it shows it to all channels
- tried various picons with various dimensions
- tried various skins (wallHD, Kerni HD, LT 6 HD etc)

But still no luck

My box is DM800se SR4 and it runs an openpli based image called Satdreamgr-enigma2-2.1-Sunray-sr4-sim2-SSL-84b

Any help would be gratefully appreciated...

should just be a case of putting the picon folder in media/usb. Make sure there are no sub dir in the picon folder and also make sure the usb drive is mounted.

have you inisalised the usb via the box menu? in hardisk
put the whole folder called picon onto root of usb

Sent From My BB PlayBook

I go to menu>settings>harddisk>initialize and I choose the usb and I press initialize. Then I copy to picon file to the root of the usb and finally restart. Still no luck. I only see the default enigma II picon. Picon dimentions is 100X60

But look what happened. I took a random file from the picon folder (channel 5 image) and I renamed it to picon_default.png And now I can see this file in all the channels as a picon... There must be something wrong with the naming of the channels maybe? Any other ideas?

I go to menu>settings>harddisk>initialize and I choose the usb and I press initialize. Then I copy to picon file to the root of the usb and finally restart. Still no luck. I only see the default enigma II picon. Picon dimentions is 100X60

But look what happened. I took a random file from the picon folder (channel 5 image) and I renamed it to picon_default.png And now I can see this file in all the channels as a picon... There must be something wrong with the naming of the channels maybe? Any other ideas?

were have you downloaded the picons from

from various web sites. The ones I try to use now are called SGTFlipFlop.SkyUK.Picon.Pack.30.11.12v2 UPDATE By Pheonix Team ViX but I also downloaded RAT's picons from this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
what Image do you use mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I will give it a try. I chose the image above because its openPli based and has great recordable subtitles. I will go for the DW1.1 but will it work on my SunRay 4 clone?

Should do but not sure if it has the drivers for the other tuners,
Try it and see or else start fresh with your image just in case it got corrupted :)

Sent from my Ployer Momo 12

One last question, this DW 1.1 is a back up image. I will flash it like I flash all other images?

yes mate
flash image
do not reboot
open new page and flash ssl84b
reboot
done
:)

just change your network settings to your preference

my box is ssl84b so I guess I dont have to flash the bootloader

you still flash 84b over after flashing image mate

Thank you all for the valuable info. I ll flash them and I ll report back about image performance, picons etc on my sunray4

Back