Help!!! Cannot receive Thor 1 Degree West

Prash7777

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble getting Thor signal. I bougth the whole system so i could watch premiership football. Unfortunaltey Premier went down within 3 weeks of me buying the equipments. How unlucky. I know i can still watch football on Eurosport 2, but no matter how hard i try i cannot get the signal on Thor. I get perfect Hotbird and Astra signals.

Please somebody guide me the best way to align my dish or setup receiver, so i an connect to 1 deg West. Your expert advice will be much appreciated.

I have:

80 cm dish with option of 0.1dB and 0.2dB LNB
Technomate 5400ci Super Receiver.

PS i do not have motorized system and do not intend to get on since i am intereste in only one satellite.

Many many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
1w is bit hit and miss with a 80cm dish

i struggle to get eurosport2 up in newcastle on my 80cm dish but get all of the canal sport ones which carry most games

nova sport at 1w is recieveable with a 80cm dish though

try aligning it up with sat beeper and then set the box to the bbc world transponder

also hotbird and astra only require a 60cm at most to receive in the uk but Thor requires a bigger dish

www.dishpointer.com thats good site for aligning and seeing what size dish you require for whre you live

Where do you live?

Last edited:
turn your dish to due south... put your reciever on bbc world on the thor satellite..
now move your dish milimeter by mil left and right until you get a picture on your tv..
it might help if you can see your tv or have someone with you who can..

Had a similar prob on my brothers dish. His is motorised but the signal on thor was very weak. It turned out the idiot had his bracket on slightly bent, so when the dish moved west it would fall short of the arc. Its possible that when you move your dish manually left and right that u might be missing the arc too. When you get to thor with a slight signal, try vertical adjustments too, this should help.

Hi

I also had a problem with 1w a few years ago. I had a 1.6 dish on tripod behind the garage
and about 4 or 5 foot awat from the fence. I then found the signal was bouncing off the
fence. So i moved the rig into the middle of the garden and i got all the signals i needed.
So some times its just something simple and right in front of you.

Fezzy

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I've already tried the BBC world route. Still no luck. Will be spending this weekend trying to work it out. If not i might have to invest on 1m dish. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If anyone else have better suggestions then please do let me know. Will be checking this thread from time to time. Many many thanks again to everybody.

Happy New Year!!!!

I get THOR OK with a 85cm dish from Essex, 70-75% on a TM1500CI.
Watching the Villa/West Brom game right now on Canal Sport.
It needs a very sensitive set up to receive. Got nothing with a 60cm dish.
Keep trying. The pole has to be spot on vertical.

I use a 70cm fixed for Thor in Essex, all channels are fine. Signals are stronger in the south-east though, but my fixed 60cm just wasnt enough for some channels.

I am in spain and get 1deg west on an 80cm dish am moving back to UK at end of year (Cannock in Staffordshire) can anyone advise me please of the dish size I will need there

First post wish I had found this forum earlier very handy

Ken

I am in spain and get 1deg west on an 80cm dish am moving back to UK at end of year (Cannock in Staffordshire) can anyone advise me please of the dish size I will need there

First post wish I had found this forum earlier very handy

Ken

I am about 100 miles west of the midlands and I get it well with a 1m - probably get away with an 80cm though!!

1w is bit hit and miss with a 80cm dish

i struggle to get eurosport2 up in newcastle on my 80cm dish but get all of the canal sport ones which carry most games

nova sport at 1w is recieveable with a 80cm dish though

try aligning it up with sat beeper and then set the box to the bbc world transponder

also hotbird and astra only require a 60cm at most to receive in the uk but Thor requires a bigger dish

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com thats good site for aligning and seeing what size dish you require for whre you live

Where do you live?

i get 85% signal in durham with 80cm orbital
get all the channels on thor that show football including eurosport2

Thanks for the answer have had a computer prob hence delay

Ken

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble getting Thor signal. I bougth the whole system so i could watch premiership football. Unfortunaltey Premier went down within 3 weeks of me buying the equipments. How unlucky. I know i can still watch football on Eurosport 2, but no matter how hard i try i cannot get the signal on Thor. I get perfect Hotbird and Astra signals.

Please somebody guide me the best way to align my dish or setup receiver, so i an connect to 1 deg West. Your expert advice will be much appreciated.

I have:

80 cm dish with option of 0.1dB and 0.2dB LNB
Technomate 5400ci Super Receiver.

PS i do not have motorized system and do not intend to get on since i am intereste in only one satellite.

Many many thanks in advance.

you will be struggling to find a signal on 1w and not on hotbird or astra because of 1 reason only. when your searching you need to make sure u are searching on transponder 2 then that should do it thats where will get all the good footy channels on digi t.v.

my dish is 80cm and i live in sunderland. what do u want them channels for they dont show championship teams.lol when ur setting up make sure u are on transponder 2 if u dont know transponder to post back and i'll tell u the freq.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

Will give it a go again soon.

Back