Technomate Setup

Just to emphasise, when setting up using USALS, put in your correct longitude into the motor setting menu.

I know that others have stated this but it's very important that you should then move the entire motor and dish where it's clamped to the wall mount to get the highest signal quality.

Don't merely move only the dish where it's clamped to the motor stub.

I think i’m going to start from scratch on the tuning – well apart from the wall bracket which i know is vertical.
I’ll take the dish down and make sure its dead centre on the motor arm – i think i tightened the bolts when ‘tweaking’ for a signal and this may of moved the alignment. If i get that correct on the ground it shouldn’t need altering. Why don’t the Technomate motors have a centre lined marked ? Does it make any difference where the dish is placed on the motor pole as long as its on a centre line – i read 50mm from the end ?
I’ll then use my correct location LONG and LAT rather than the ones i’ve fudged it with. Once i’ve roughly located 1W, instead of using my sat meter i’m going to get someone to help me by checking the signal strength and quality on a channel on the screen in order to peak it.
I just hope that all the effort will make a difference in improving what i’ve already got setup.......

You are correct just make sure dish is central on motor pole. Also make sure latitude angle on motor is as accurate as possible by sight prior to mounting motor. then your only adjustments on Thor are declination angle on dish and motor on bracket pole to find due south. good luck.

The technomate motors do have a centre line it is the long line all the way down the motor stub you use this to get the motor central to the dish when the motor is on the '0' marker

I never use USUALS, always use diseqc and fine tune. Works like a charm ... !
Like you are in control and you know what is wrong and could be adjusted.

I nowhere read the LNB skew. I get pretty good results by turning the lnb (at point Zero) a bit depends on yr setup/allingment of course

Hi all,
Heres an update on my setup......

Thought i'd have a go at tweaking the LNB as i'd not touched that since i put the dish together - i started by connecting up my sat meter and strangely enough when the signal improved on the meter, the picture quality reduced or disappeared alltogether when i checked on the tv. So i removed the meter and using my mobile (hands free) got someone to watch the screen while i tweaked the LNB. Managed to peak the signal by adjusting the 'skew' and also moving the LNB nearer to the dish so my quality readings have improved significantly from what I had before.

33E MAP TV STRENGTH 97 QUALITY 71 now 79
26E AL MANAR 97 50 now 66
23.5 TV NOORD 97 80 now 91
21.5 YEMEN TODAY 97 57 now 74
16E TVR NEWS 97 61 now 87
13E BLOOMBERG 97 81 now 91
10E MGM CHANNEL 97 80 now 86
10E PENTAGON 97 67 now 74
9E CCTV DOCUMENTARY 97 77 now 91
7E TRT ANADOLU 97 89 now 95
7E TRT TURK 97 68 now 77
4.8E RADA 97 88 now 96
4.8 1st BALTIC MUSIC 97 52 now 71
3.1E TV EUROPE 97 76 now 80
5W FRANCE O 97 55 now 90
7.3W QATAR TV 97 47 now 53
8W NRT 97 85 now 87
11W RETECAPRI 97 71 now 76
12.5 BETHEL 97 74 now 88

Really pleased with that now - all the effort and countless trips up the ladder have been worth it !
Next job is to get my head round the 'recording' function - dont think this is going to be as straightforward as using the Sky+ box.......
Cheers for all the help so far guys :)

Back