hello yet again--continued!

B

big-arth

evening all,
yes it,s me again , I managed to get myself locled out of the forum yet again, due once again to a computer breakdown!
Last week as i was trying to write an e-mail I suddenly noticed that my norton antivirus had disappeared along with one or two other bits and pieces and shortly after the computer crashed.
To cut a long story and bad language short its took me a few days to get back to normal.
However--- when I tried to log on the forum I found I had lost my password and when I tried to get another one I was told the forum didnt have my e-mail adress anyway everything appears to back to normal --- watch this space
Nice to be back on the best forum
cheers Big-arth.:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Sorry to read about your troubles, did you ever find out what caused the problem in first place (only asking as have heard there are one or two viruses/worms that try to disable anti virus and firewall software)

Glad you are back up and running

virus

hi, digiperson,
firstly thanks for the welcome back I really do feel like
i,m part of a big ---mostly happy family!!
In answer to your query I believe the virus is a "trojan"
a lot of people I have spoken to have said they have been hit by it . I seem to be clean now but I have been warned to be careful as it can restrike at any time.
Cheers Arthur.

big-arth, I know this is an obvious statement but if it was a virus/worm then make sure your antivirus software up to date.

I get these virus/worms arrive at least once a day (sometimes 3 or 4 arrive a day) and it is getting annoying. :Chainsaw:

So annoying now that I am going to have to change my web host company to one that has anti-virus software installed at their end as my current host is apparently not bothered and will not do anything about this matter.

Anyway, glad you have sorted it and are back with us. :Clap: :Clap:

THE ATTACK OF THE VIRUS,S

MORNING DIGIPERSON,
Thanks for the reply,yes a full upgrade had been done on my norton antivirus and firewall but the wierd thing was both of them disappeared completely for a short time just before things started to go wrong.I did,nt think there was any connection until my neighbour told me he had the same problem!
hopefully normal service nas now been restored
Cheers Arthur.

:Dunce: :Dunce: :Dunce: :cool:

Back