Heat reflective windows

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I have just changed my car and where my old car had a heat reflective windscreen the new one seems to have it all over - Honda Civic. The old car I out the GPS receiver on the back parcel shelf but that doesn't work in the new car. Is there an ariel I could buy which would help or does anyone have any more ideas which may solve the problem - short of replacing all the windows ;o)

Thanks everyone.

:)

try opening ur window lol nah u can get an extension ariel. they available on fleabay.

Okay, thanks for that. I will have a look.

Cheers

I had the same problem with a 306 I used to have. I had a Snooper speed camera detector and it had a wired GPS receiver which had to look at the sky. The 306 has an athermic (heat reflective) windscreen and the GPS signal wouldn't go through it. Luckily the rear window didn't have it and I was able to get a signal from there.

Sorry I'm not much help but I hope you get a resolution.

I think I have sorted it now. I can get a signal by putting the GPS receiver directly below the rear window aeriel, which is built into the glass. Either that or my missus made a mistake when she linked to the receiver the other day!

Thanks for the comments.

Back