Hdd

casuk

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to formatt an internal hdd to fat32 for dm800, I just got a new 1tb put it in but will not inisilize do i need to remove and format

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

I removed tbe hdd and pluged in to a usb hdd caddy and pluged it into laptop and I can't find it

Put the new 1tb in my solo2 and its working, took the 320g out solo 2 and it will not work on the dm800 this is what comes up when I try to initilise
yby3ypu4.jpg
that's the 320 that works fine in my solo2 above

Last edited:
Put the new 1tb in my solo2 and its working, took the 320g out solo 2 and it will not work on the dm800 this is what comes up when I try to initilise
yby3ypu4.jpg
that's the 320 that works fine in my solo2 above

You should of just mounted the 320g drive from the solo2 as its already in the correct format.

I put the 320 in dm first before i done anything, same results then formatted both in solo2, both were fine in that but dont work in dm even after a clean format, I think it might be the image

Try another image, failing that Format the drive to ext3 in the gparted boot cd then install in box and just mount it.

I'll do that tomorrow then mate thanks

Well I tryed 6 diffrent images in total formated both hdds with solo 2 then tryed mount in dm always tells me to initilise, fails, I could find the drives in some images, but same results, fails initilising every time, put drives back in the solo2 everything was working fine,I have tryed loads of diffrent variation so it has to be the box or the cables connecting to drive, also I got it to initilise once while it was in pieces put it all back together and back to the above problems

Well I tryed 6 diffrent images in total formated both hdds with solo 2 then tryed mount in dm always tells me to initilise, fails, I could find the drives in some images, but same results, fails initilising every time, put drives back in the solo2 everything was working fine,I have tryed loads of diffrent variation so it has to be the box or the cables connecting to drive, also I got it to initilise once while it was in pieces put it all back together and back to the above problems

Well if they work in the solo and you have tried other images maybe there is a hardware issue here !

Its got to be that, it wont even do it through the usb, I fell defeated lol

Back