having problem with my wireless connection

HERO_1984

Inactive User
Reaction score
well the last couple of days my wireless connection just stops working, after opening the wireless network connection than properties what i notice was the wireless network tab has disappeared???? the only way to bring it back and get the wireless to start working working again is i need to restart my laptop, after a couple of hours it will happen again it just comes and goes,
i have tried uninstalling the wireles network and reintalling it again but still no diffrent,
does anyone know why this is happening and anyone know a solution for it?

Thanks

What laptop is it m8 ie make and model

sometimes if you have a weak connection and you loose it for a second you have to manually start it again ?? It can be a pain if you have a weak connection

Have you made sure you have your auto connect button selected in your options cos even if you loose a connection for a second your gonna have to manually started it.

when your connected just right click on the icon in your task bar and go into the settings

or just goto your control pannel and select network and connections make sure the option is clicked

Attachments

• control pannel network connections options.JPG
    control pannel network connections options.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
sometimes if you have a weak connection and you loose it for a second you have to manually start it again ?? It can be a pain if you have a weak connection

Have you made sure you have your auto connect button selected in your options cos even if you loose a connection for a second your gonna have to manually started it.

when your connected just right click on the icon in your task bar and go into the settings

or just goto your control pannel and select network and connections make sure the option is clicked

yeh i got the connection on auto, never had this problem b4 for years just started since last week don't know y?

Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Someone might be on the same channel as you in your local area and can cause interference.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Someone might be on the same channel as you in your local area and can cause interference.

no i haven't tried that one yet, can u tell me how to change the channel?

no i haven't tried that one yet, can u tell me how to change the channel?

It should be on the router page. I have found some wireless cards also you can go into device manager, properties of the wireless device and change it there.

You can also download a program like netstumbler so you can check what channels people are using.

You can also download a program like netstumbler so you can check what channels people are using.

thanks guys but again still no luck, cos when i loss the connection i completely loss the wireless adaptor from the device manager itself and the only way to get it back is to reboot the system

I have the VM Super hub and currently keep on losing connecting either when using Skype or having the wireless on for X amount of time. I complained to VM and they ask me to find out what wireless card I have in my laptop, I told tell them that I had an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (apparently it is not fully compatible with the Super Hub). VM suggested I should buy a more up to date wireless N card :thumbdown:, I Google my current wireless card and apparently it is known to lose connection frequently, people have complained to Intel but they have done nothing about fixing this problem :wtf:.

I have the VM Super hub and currently keep on losing connecting either when using Skype or having the wireless on for X amount of time. I complained to VM and they ask me to find out what wireless card I have in my laptop, I told tell them that I had an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (apparently it is not fully compatible with the Super Hub). VM suggested I should buy a more up to date wireless N card :thumbdown:, I Google my current wireless card and apparently it is known to lose connection frequently, people have complained to Intel but they have done nothing about fixing this problem :wtf:.

yes can be possible but it has been years since i have been using this laptop with no problem but u never know when the problems can start,
well the wireless card am using is Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG

I had a call from VM customer services last night apologizing for all my recent connection problems, they said it was a software problem and it has now been fixed.
I told him that your technical support said the problem was due to my wireless card!
He said that is not correct and does not why the tech support said what he said, there should be no more problems and if there are I should call his personal number.

I had a call from VM customer services last night apologizing for all my recent connection problems, they said it was a software problem and it has now been fixed.
I told him that your technical support said the problem was due to my wireless card!
He said that is not correct and does not why the tech support said what he said, there should be no more problems and if there are I should call his personal number.

great looks like u got urs sorted out,
after reading ur msg i have a feeling i might have a similer problem cos since the last couple of days i haven't had any problem about losing my wireless connection, so i have a feeling i might have a similer problem as u, am just gonna leave it how it is and see how it goes for the next few weeks

Back