have a problem, box resets after boot up ...

cooltool

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,
i got a box here dbox2 nokia cable 2xintel. it used to work fine. but now it went black .. so i reflashed the image.
flashing works fine no problems.
box boots up goes past the load kernel, and just before it would give you a "channel" it either hangs or reboots.
i tryed all the latest 2x images.
but when i load this image:
pacino_v1.0_2x (gavs latest i think)
it works but when i tyr to do a cable scan it only shows me statelite stuff not cable. and gives me a "no transponders found" error.

just dont get why this image works but all others hang. (they hang and when i press a button on the remote they reboot ..)

I posted the box to a friend and it arrived a bit damaged, he said some thing was lose (not sure what(?) and he "fixed" it .. and the box was working fine .. till about a month later this happened ...

any suggestions welcome.

If the box is definately a cable dbox then there is something wrong with the tuner. The box sends requests to the tuner and if these are not answered within a specific time period then the box will default to satellite settings.

Similarly, if you DONT have a cables.xml file in the image then the box will use the sat settings even though you have a cable dbox. mgb should be able to confirm both of these points for me.

Liam

ah ok .. so the tuner could be "lose" or buggered. .. maybe its just lose .. as it did work ..

i'll open it up later and have a look what is salvageable ...

cheers for that!

i think i may have had a similar problem actually. box kept rebooting and then would keep power cycling, webserver stopped responding even though i could still telnet in, sound familiar to anyone?

tried a bunch of images, some more stable than others but eventually decided to send the box back and get a replacement......

hopefully, the new one will work!

how do i get to the boot log again? is it via the null modem cable?
just opened the box all seems fine .. i think what was lose was the "extra" memory card, this box as 16 onboard and 16 on that mem card ... removed the modem as well but still same isuss .. will have a look at the boot log .. but i think this one is a goner ..

just maybe

hi m8 this was happing to me yesterday and even with different images. but to-day it came back on and works fine with the first image when it went down still there and working.... so hope yours powers up and works again m8 give 24 hrs because there is somthing strange happening 2 these boxes this is 3 boxs now in 24 hrs...... good luck m8

Back