Hackney woman told to remove burka by crown court judg

I'm currently working at Marble Arch/Edgware Road in London, you would honestly not believe how many Arab people there are in that area

On a light note and this is honestly no bullshit, I was walking to get a coffee the other day and there were 4 women wearing full face burkas (looked like holiday makers) 3 of them stood in front of a hotel while the fourth took pictures of them - lol they did not take the burkas off

Imagine when they get home and are asked "which one are you" LMFAO .... "I can't remember" PMSFL

Could be just being cheapskates M8. After all, they can get a thousand copies printed and all their mates can claim to have been on their hols too ;)

At last, someone in authority has had the guts to speak up !! The woman is being charged by the British Justice System and so needs to abide by the rules and laws of the British Justice System, if she cannot accept that then why should we be accepting of her !!
The Sharia Law punishment for "offending public sensibilities" which includes intimidation is the Death sentence, pehaps she would prefer to be charged under Sharia Law ?
I believe that they have the right to wear Burkas or whatever else your religion suggests; although I am pretty sure that there will be no mention of a Burka in the Koran, however that right should be reseved for their own homes or as they are stating it is for religeous purposes then it should be used in a religeous setting therefore at a mosque.

At last, someone in authority has had the guts to speak up !! The woman is being charged by the British Justice System and so needs to abide by the rules and laws of the British Justice System, if she cannot accept that then why should we be accepting of her !!
The Sharia Law punishment for "offending public sensibilities" which includes intimidation is the Death sentence, pehaps she would prefer to be charged under Sharia Law ?
I believe that they have the right to wear Burkas or whatever else your religion suggests; although I am pretty sure that there will be no mention of a Burka in the Koran, however that right should be reseved for their own homes or as they are stating it is for religeous purposes then it should be used in a religeous setting therefore at a mosque.

Covering up is probably mentioned in the Haddith or Sira which are more recent than the Koran.

Good point though, she likes the ideology so much that she should be subject to a Sharia hearing. Get the rocks ready!

I'm currently working at Marble Arch/Edgware Road in London, you would honestly not believe how many Arab people there are in that area

On a light note and this is honestly no bullshit, I was walking to get a coffee the other day and there were 4 women wearing full face burkas (looked like holiday makers) 3 of them stood in front of a hotel while the fourth took pictures of them - lol they did not take the burkas off

Imagine when they get home and are asked "which one are you" LMFAO .... "I can't remember" PMSFL

I bet none of the miserable fookers smiled neither??. Pmpl :roflmao:

Could be just being cheapskates M8. After all, they can get a thousand copies printed and all their mates can claim to have been on their hols too ;)

Now now HH, you wouldn't be suggesting for one minute that our Asian 'cousins' are tight would you?

I might buy one of these Burkas myself, I am sick of watching films in fecking widescreen mode. Perhaps if I wore one of these, I would get the full screen version. :)

She is charged with intimidating a witness !
Surely thats got to be against her religion but she is claiming that showing her face is against her religion.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways.
How do they know it was her ?? I bet the ID parade was a doddle

Covering up is probably mentioned in the Haddith or Sira which are more recent than the Koran.

No, it's not.
the only mention, in any Islamic religious texts, states that women should dress "modestly".
All female coverings, in the Islamic world, are cultural. therefore have no religious basis.

Ok so this is the real world, and things are never black and white.

those who formulated early Islam were far brighter than those who lead it now.
one of its most fundamental themes was that the scriptures were to be interpreted by each community.
I cant remember the exact translation of the edict, but here it is
"From within each community a scholar will come forward, they will interpret the writings for their own situation"

this, in early times, lead to the vast expansion of Islam, or more correctly Islamic culture.

On the subject of wearing Burkas, Conservative MP for Kettering Philip Hollobone presented a new Bill to Parliament on 24 June 2013 and is scheduled to have its 2nd reading on Friday 28th February 2014. The Bill is the Face Coverings (Prohibition) Bill 2013-14 which is a Bill to prohibit the wearing of certain face coverings; and for connected purposes.
See the full Bill proposed here :: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2013-2014/0031/14031.pdf

Philip Hollobone is also the MP who has proposed the National Service Bill 2013, which also has its 2nd reading scheduled for Friday 28th February 2014.

On the subject of wearing Burkas, Conservative MP for Kettering Philip Hollobone presented a new Bill to Parliament on 24 June 2013 and is scheduled to have its 2nd reading on Friday 28th February 2014. The Bill is the Face Coverings (Prohibition) Bill 2013-14 which is a Bill to prohibit the wearing of certain face coverings; and for connected purposes.
See the full Bill proposed here :: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2013-2014/0031/14031.pdf

I don't see why we have to BAN them.
all we need it to give the right, to those interacting the the wearer, to insist they are removed before interaction.

I thought that there were 2 rather succinct comments about the article

1) "My beliefs lead me to realise that I could not live happily in an Islamic country and would never expect Muslims to bend for my ways of life. Somehow this never works in reverse."

2) "My daughter goes swimming in less than this outfit and were both muslim. theres too many stupid extreme wahabbi muslims making dumb rules and not allowing girls to keep fit cause of silly modesty issues and the silly girls grow up believing that men are all predators and the girls must cover up, stupid nonsense which is not part of Islam. Islam encourages sport and fitness."

And it is my personal opinion that they are both very sensible and correct !!

I don't see why we have to BAN them.
all we need it to give the right, to those interacting the the wearer, to insist they are removed before interaction.

I don't want a ban either. I want to be free to wear my ski-mask in the local designer outlet so the CCTV can't nail me for pilfering. Once I'm free to pilfer with impunity I may be able to get promotion to more 'meaningful' activities - like armed robbery, grievous bodily harm and explosives :)

Got it, I'm going to make my millions!

Burka printing service!

Stag or hen do, personalised... :)

Haha :)

I just wondered, if I refuse to allow someone in a burka to rent my spare room, what would the offence be?

Don't worry H, Mr Spectre could have some burka's made up for our DW members with free @Him Her written on the back of them that should get you an extra 10 Years and with miggy's commission we could make a killing @Spectre. We will be rich I tell you. This time next year we will be millionaires Rodney ermmm I mean Spectre. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back