Gucci watch battery £40 HELP ?

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
My misses has a gucci watch and it needs a battery £40 quid the jewelrs said

WHAT THE FCUK THE WATCH was only £99 he says all the ladies gucci watches take this special battery funny size.

Has some one had this problem before is there a alternative battery you can buy help please If you have any Ideas.

it won't be £40 just for the battery m8 it will need resealed as well to stop face steaming up mine cost me £50 for my raymond weil

£40

he must be having a laugh,

i changed the battery on my dkny watch, bloody piss

as soon as you take the battery cover of, there is a rubber seal, just make sure your allign this rubber seal properly when you put it back together,

battery shouldnt cost no more then £2

plenty of videos on youtube

here's one of them,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9AZwtTCK8]YouTube - How to replace a watch battery - Watch Repair[/ame]

i didnt use any of there tools, i used a very thin flat screwdriver and cleaned dust with a paint brush

Some good input there but im very very heavy handed dont think I could do it myself without scratching the back to bits are knacking the seal I have a freind who works in a cobblers he might be able to help ill drive over at the weekend
thanks guys so its not the battery its getting the back off and sealing it thanks.

mate trust me, do it your self its very very easy,

some watches dont even have the ruber seal

if it is a decent watch, then yes - it will have a seal.

This is one of the things that stops it from steaming up on the inside.

Have you considered just trying a different jewllers?

Do you have a market nearby? There's usually a stall that does them for peanuts.

some are fitted on with a small press, my m8 has one when you take the back off you hear a little pop like it has been vaccum sealed, and when you try to put the back on again it is very tight so they use this little press.

any decent market stall that does watch repairs or fits batteries should sort you out.

would not pay more than a fiver.

my newphew just up from london 2 weeks ago needed new battery
for his gucci ,i was going to do but i was at the silverburn centre so
decided just to put it in jewlers £6.00.for new battery.

the problem was as rabp said, they had to use clamp to put back on
and they broke the glass(glad i never attempted it now)
they sent watch away to get fixed free of charge and i never paid for battery(should think so as they broke it)
anyway it was scratched ,so he got new face out of it,
so stick it in shop m8

Do you have a market nearby? There's usually a stall that does them for peanuts.

agreed mate. You could probably do it yourself, the thing about the £40 battery is probably is con. bet the same battery is available in a set of batteries that you can pick up from the pound shop.

Back