grundig

ptaz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I have a grundig sky digital box. It seems like it has been scred up. First the picture went like a bad dvd with sqare boxes and then kaboom. No picture. I have looked in system to check signal strength and quality. Now i get good signal strength but no signal quality. What is the problem with my box and how do i fix it?

Thanks for all your help.

Is there any way to check to make sure? I know ages ago when smething like this happend sky eng came and did smething to the board and went in 5 mins.

dish is on. I've check the wires. all connected. I took the box to my cuz and pluged it in, and didn't get anything, so am looking at a box problem. Any way to check and fix?

Try replacing the main electrolytic capacitors on the power supply board use 105 degree caps you may well see one or two bulging or leaking.

what is that and where abts? do u have a pic of it. Aswel what abt a guide on how to do tht. what wuld i need?

only going from memory I'm affrraid so no pictures,but if you disconnect it from the mains and leave it for a hour or so just to be on the safe side then remove the lid there are two circuit boards inside the small one is the power supply board.On this board are several upright cylindrical electrolitic capacitors,they should have flat tops and no gunge oozing from them.If any show visible signs of damage replace them with ones of the same value uF at least the same voltage rating and 105 degree temperature rating. If none show damage you can either replace the lot or test each one individually.

Back