Got one !!

just one little thing i have not worked out yet...
my picons for sly showcase....and showcase HD...still show the christmas pictons lol....
recording and time shift worked str8 out the box without ANY telnet or setting up(apart from just initialising)..amazing !

woohoo....even my wife is finding this box amazing.
and she takes some impressing lol

I am currently looking at a Duo, from what I have read they are excellent boxes. Will be another 2 weeks until my funds allow me to get one.

Just one question (the first of many), I assume that the hard drive has got to be Fat32, but with the recording side how much space is used on a 1 hour HD recording ?

I am currently looking at a Duo, from what I have read they are excellent boxes. Will be another 2 weeks until my funds allow me to get one.

Just one question (the first of many), I assume that the hard drive has got to be Fat32, but with the recording side how much space is used on a 1 hour HD recording ?

i believe the vu has its own file system ?
when you first hook up the drive ..u just initialise it , and thats it .
how would i check how much space is used for 1 hour ..

i will record now for one hour on HD and see if i can find file size.....
i have a 1TB drive on mine....

Thanks Chrispeters,

Dont put yourself out by recording just for me !! I was just interested so I cold figure out what size drive to put in. On the drive issue if you use a USB drive will it auto format to the correct file system, was not certain if the USB drive could then be removed and plugged in to a laptop ?

Thanks Chrispeters,

Dont put yourself out by recording just for me !! I was just interested so I cold figure out what size drive to put in. On the drive issue if you use a USB drive will it auto format to the correct file system, was not certain if the USB drive could then be removed and plugged in to a laptop ?

to be honest mate , i only had it a day...i just left HD plugged into the vu, you just goto to menu.setting, hard drive , and go through the initialisation, then its done .
You can grab a Terabyte hdd for next to nowt these days anyways...just make sure the hdd has its own power source(not bus powered).

O.K thanks, I would assume that if it were internal drive then it would obviously be powered from the box rather than independant power supply, not having one yet I can onlu sumise!

yeah...the duo has an internal option..the solo does not .
but both work exactly the same(brilliantly) , internal or external.

ok after 30 mins of HD recording the size of the .TS file
is....2.16 GB !!!
fair big huh ?
the bigger HDD the better lol

yeah i reckon u could fit about 100 hd films on a 1000 gigg HDD ? there abouts ....

Thanks for the replies with regards to recordings, I have a 1tb external drive and a 500gb internal drive, can you run both ?

Thanks, I think 1.5tb will be enough:proud:, looks lie you get a fair bit of box for £350

Back