Good luck Dad...again

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
We find out today what the surgeons are going to do with my Dad, 6yrs ago he had a heart valve replaced with a pigs valve but after his stroke and brain abscess plus his 5 endocarditis attacks its sprung a major leak so now his Mitral valve and Aortic valve are fooked.
he is no way fit for these operation but its the old dammed if they do dammed if they don't because he's too weak to leave them but not strong enough for the op.
He's got surgeons and consultants coming from London, Scotland,Birmingham and other places because there is only 1 other patient in the Country what this happend too and basically we have been told he is an enigma of medical science.
Good Luck again Dad.
Didn't help that the day he was let out of hospital his dad was rushed in and died.

all the best m8, he sounds in a bad way i do hope everything goes well for him, how old is he.

Sorry to hear the news mate, I do hope things get sorted for him.

Iv been ill for sometime with back neck and pain in my bollocks that they cant find, but reading about your dad problems makes mine are nothing to worry about.

Fingers x

Jason

@napster
He's 71 mate, 10 yrs ago he was running marathons and running atleast 5-10miles daily with his brother who had the same thing happen to him both within 2yrs but he had a metal valve put in.its all hereditary so ive had to have tests done but got the ok.
Cheers lads.

update.
The operation is to go a head in around 3 weeks, after they build up his strength and a course of antibiotics.
The surgeon who did the valve originally as now refused to do it stating it was way to risky to even attempt but another one has decided to try, not good to hear when they are all standing around his bed that its too risky to do.

Good luck and all the best to your dad

Back