Week from hell

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sunday picked up my Dad from the airport he said he was freezing thought he'd got sun stroke, an hour later he had a stroke, he's ok'ish its took his voice box but all limbs ok, but his temp was 46'c on the day and because he's got a pacemaker/heart valve replacement 2yrs ago he cant be scanned by mri to see where brain bleed is coming from.
i got a spider bite on the arm monday thats spread and all the muscle is fooking painfull.
now i've got a ulcerated eyelid thats making my vision blured and hurts.
top it off ive got loads of bloodtests tomorrow to see if ive got any issues because all the males in my family have had valve replacements/angina on my dads side, my moms 5 brothers all dropped dead before the age of 50 from heart related stuff.

edit.. forgot diabetes is also an issue so im being tested for that aswell.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear all this manse, hope everything works out ok for you and your dad.

Sorry to hear that m8,
Hope you and your Dad are ok soon.

sorry to heard that about your dad mate, hope you and you dad does get better soon, which spider was you bite by then mate?

NASA - Home

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear about your dad manse hope you both get better soon. what a terrible week for you both.

hes hoping tests are ok tomorrow mate chin up

Sorry for your troubles Manse - hope both you and your Dad get better soon.

:Cheers:

Thanks folks.
Ain't got a clue what spider mate i didn't know i'd been bit.
dropped my mom off after visting my Dad and she asked me if i could move her Tomatoe plants because they were to big for the shelf in her greenhouse.
Seconds after my arm itched near the elbow and swoll over night, got it looked at by a Doc at work (hospital) and again by my Gp today who both said its not a gnat bite like i thought but a frigging spider bite.
the lump from bite is about the size of a 10p coin but its bright red and swollen now about 5inches either side of elbow and even hurts just to make a fist.

:( you really have had a rough week mate
really hope things turn around for the better for you ;)

Last edited:
i was diagnosed with Epilepsy about 8 yrs ago aged 35 but have been free of it for about 5yrs now and am now off medication and all clear.
My Dad came down with it in his late 60's just before his heart valve went,
Worse parts is Dad and his Brother were marathon runners then both within weeks couldn't even walk to the shop without being knackered,exactly the same thing with both of them, Aortic valve leeks, dad had a pigs valve uncle a metal one.
furthest i've ever run is 100yards for a bus.
i don't drink much but smoke like a trooper...time to stop i think

Good luck with the tests Manse and I hope you and your dad make speedy recoveries.

things can only get better manse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj-6fr2SlI]YouTube - D:ream "Things can only get better"[/ame]

update..

My Dad is at this moment having a brain operation after a tumor or abcess was found last night on a routine scan.
He's only been in Hospital 7weeks and was ready to come home.
why the feck wasn't it spotted weeks, ago he has had scans weekly for the bleeds.
i'm worried shitless now because the surgeon just called my Mom to tell her about the dangers and we won't know a thing for several hours.

sorry to hear that mate...

hopefully everything goes smoothly, just be there for your family

Really sorry to hear that Manse, but at least they've found it now and hopefully he will pull through okay. Will send you and him angels :)

Come on mate chin up and think positive be there for your family mate.

Sorry to hear your news Manse. I hope everything goes well.

I hope it went OK. You know the doctors are always going to give you the worst case scenario.

Back