good internet optimising program's ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is there any good wee internet settings optimizing programs available ???

I've tried cybertweak, but to be perfectly honest, I dont think it actually does anything, Lol....no joke...

If anyone has a suggestion in mind, try not to be just too techy please,,,,,although if someone has the patience to tell me what my settings should be set at for optimal performance then by all means go ahead and tell me and I'll go change them manually, even if its registry tweaks, , but otherwise its best for me to have programs that do it all automatically for ya, if ya know what I mean ?

If it helps any, I have Ntl 600k cable modem broadband and iam running windows xp pro.

Cheers :Cheers:

Besides increasing simultaneous server connections that are opened by your webbrowser there's not much u can do in IE. There's one software i can recommend, which is TCPOptimizer, just gOOgle for it. Pretty handy tool.

Other then that, u wanna have a look at speedguide.net , which is all about tweaking your internet performance and broadband connection.

Karma mate.....

I tried to install that program "tcpoptimizer" but iam getting an error (see attachement).
I was having a look on the net for help with the error and from what I gather the missing file is something to do with microsoft .net framework,,,,, there again, waddo I know, lol.....
So I installed .net framework from the windows auto update site but needless to say, the program still wont run, just keeps popping up saying missing file.

Any Ideas mate ?

:Cheers:

Tried downloading/installing what ya says twice now but the tcp thingy is still popping up saying missing file as ive said earlier.

Any ideas ?

I'm out hehe :)
You don't happen to have MS Visual Studio .NET installed ?

No dont have it , why ?, do you think I should give it a go mate ?

Do NOT install Studio .NET unless u plan to use it hehe :)

Nah, feck knows why Windows complains about that debug .dll file. There's other tweak software out there, simply search in google.com

Came across this app while surfing:
http://dslnuts.com/software.shtml

Cablenut seems to let u tweak to your hearts content, see if that works.

Ok mate, cheers....I'll have a fook about with it.....

Back