Good Food and Recipe Thread

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just to start this thread i just made this , its easy to make and is delicious.
I have hundreds of good recipes to give if anyone is interested, Cooking is my favourite passtime at the moment, was thinking about trying a restaurant with a m8.

Chinese Sticky Pork Chops Stir Fry Vegetables

Servings: 4
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 40 minutes, , plus 2 hours marinating for pork
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients
3 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine or Japanese Sake, or miss it out and use sherry instead.
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp ground allspice or Chinese Five Spice
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 pork chops
90g Honey, dissolved in 115ml boiling water
For the stir-fried vegetables
2 tbsp groundnut oil
2 tbsp Sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
50g Carrots, cut into strips
50g oyster mushrooms
80g mangetout
100g pak choy
4 Spring onions
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp rice vinegar
200ml vegetable stock
Method
1. Mix together the soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, five-spice powder, pepper and garlic.

2. Pour the mixture over the chops, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for two hours.

3. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.

4. Cook the chops on a hot griddle pan for two minutes on either side until browned.
Transfer to a roasting pan and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, basting the chops from
time to time with the honey and water mixture.

5. For the stir fried vegetables, heat the groundnut and sesame oils in a wok..
Add the garlic, ginger, carrots, oyster mushrooms, mange tout,
pak choy and spring onions and stir-fry for about two minutes or so.

6. Mix together the soy and oyster sauce, stir in the corn flour and pour over the vegetables.

7. Finally, add the rice vinegar and stock, and cook for another couple of minutes until
the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are glazed.

8. Serve the sticky chops with the crunchy vegetables and accompany with steamed rice.

Last edited:
serious about starting a restaurant? just to let you know the failure rate on restaurants are quite high, thanx for recipe tho, love me cooking lol

Roast Parsnip Soup

This will impress your guests as i always do it when i invite friends.

this serves 2 so double up for 4 people, it may even stretch to 6.

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
knob of butter
1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
a few thyme leaves
a few rosemary stalks
1 tbsp honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper
55ml/2fl oz double cream
splash of hot chicken stock
For the croutons
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 slices of bread, cubed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
few rosemary stalks, chopped

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan and sauté the parsnip for a few minutes.
3. Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, honey and seasoning and continue to heat for a further 5-6 minutes.
4. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes.
5. To make the croutons, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bread with the seasoning and
rosemary for a few minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
6. Remove the parsnips from the oven and place in a food processor with the cream. Blend until smooth,
adding a splash of stock to thin.
7. Return the soup to a pan and warm through. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the croutons. Serve at once.

serve with crusty bread as well

serious about starting a restaurant? just to let you know the failure rate on restaurants are quite high, thanx for recipe tho, love me cooking lol

My brother is in the catering business, he has allready given me lots of advice for Health and Hygene e.t.c which seems to be the most important in getting started.

My brother is in the catering business, he has allready given me lots of advice for Health and Hygene e.t.c which seems to be the most important in getting started.

yeah definately!!! If you got someone in the "know how" your half way there.

Just to start this thread i just made this , its easy to make and is delicious.
I have hundreds of good recipes to give if anyone is interested, Cooking is my favourite passtime at the moment, was thinking about trying a restaurant with a m8.

Servings: 4
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 40 minutes, , plus 2 hours marinating for pork
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients
3 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp ground allspice or Chinese Five Spice
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 pork chops
90g Honey, dissolved in 115ml boiling water
For the stir-fried vegetables
2 tbsp groundnut oil
2 tbsp Sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2.5 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
50g Carrots, cut into strips
50g oyster mushrooms
80g mangetout
100g pak choy
4 Spring onions
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp rice vinegar
200ml vegetable stock
Method
1. Mix together the soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, five-spice powder, pepper and garlic.

2. Pour the mixture over the chops, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for two hours.

3. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.

4. Cook the chops on a hot griddle pan for two minutes on either side until browned.
Transfer to a roasting pan and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, basting the chops from
time to time with the honey and water mixture.

5. For the stir fried vegetables, heat the groundnut and sesame oils in a wok..
Add the garlic, ginger, carrots, oyster mushrooms, mange tout,
pak choy and spring onions and stir-fry for about two minutes or so.

6. Mix together the soy and oyster sauce, stir in the corn flour and pour over the vegetables.

7. Finally, add the rice vinegar and stock, and cook for another couple of minutes until
the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are glazed.

8. Serve the sticky chops with the crunchy vegetables and accompany with steamed rice.

that ok m8 for the house 9 times out of 10 you sauce should be ready before you go the meat unless its steak or chick fillets or strips tuna pork steaks and that kind of stuff will be done advance .

Piri Piri Sauce

This is a must for anyone who likes a hot spicey chicken, i got it from Portugal from a chef there as thats the place of origin of Piri Piri.

It is my Favourite.

Piri-piri chicken

Preparation time 1-2 hours

Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour

Ingredients
piri-piri sauce
6-12 fresh red chillies, depending on how hot you want it
1 tbsp garlic, blanched and chopped
1 tsp salt flakes
½ tsp oregano
½ tbsp paprika
100ml/3½fl oz olive oil
50ml/1¾fl oz red wine vinegar

Method
1. To make the piri-piri sauce, preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Place the chillies on a roasting tray and roast them for 10 minutes.
2. Cool and roughly chop the chillies. Place the chillies, garlic, salt,
oregano, paprika, olive oil and vinegar in a saucepan, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Allow the mixture to cool, then blend it to a purée in a jug blender or food processor.
Store in a lidded container at room temperature; it will keep for about a month. Shake before using.
4. Place some chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag.
Add half the piri-piri sauce, spreading it evenly over the chicken.
Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6, and preheat a large griddle pan on the hob.
Alternatively, light your barbecue.
6. Season the marinated chicken, and cook it on the griddle pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
7. Transfer the griddled chicken to a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes,
until cooked through. Alternatively, place the chicken on a medium heat barbecue,
covered, for 10-15 minutes on both sides or until cooked through,
basting regularly with the remaining piri-piri sauce.
8. Serve with chips and salad.

I promise you will want this again and again.

sorry chaps but it will have to start here in my home town Gateshead, but you never know, if it kicks off i may venture out as i have many contacts in Cheadle and Salford, already i have my daughters boyfriends Mother thinking of opening a Snack shop in Salford, will keep you informed.

Big shout out to the SALFORD massive lol Redwatty ov salford lol My hometown, my roots is Salford !!!!

A Chardonnay from the Carneros area of California, with accents of pineapple and melon, will counterbalance the spicy curry and chile pepper.

Just about any cold lager will do this lobster justice, but if you really want a treat, try a crisp hard cider.

Curried Lobster

A decadent foray into the sweet and zesty, this lobster recipe is excellent for parties.

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1-1/2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
2 teaspoons finely chopped red finger chile pepper
Salt and pepper
4 frozen lobster tails, 6 to 8 ounces each, thawed and cleaned
1/4 cup lime juice (juice of 2 limes)

In a small saucepan melt butter. Add curry powder and chile pepper; heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Rinse lobster tails and pat dry. Turn lobster tails shell side down. To expose meat, cut lengthwise through bottom shell with kitchen shears or sharp knife. Bend tail along cut to crack open shell a little wider. (You can also cut bottom shell lengthwise along each side and remove.) Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon lime juice on meaty portion of each lobster tail. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter mixture on each lobster tail. Reserve remaining butter mixture.

Place lobster tails shell side down on center of cooking grate. Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is opaque. Serve with remaining butter mixture, if desired.

Makes 4 servings.

Note: Madras curry powder is a sweeter blend than standard curry powder, sometimes available in the spice section of the grocery store. If you can’t find Madras curry powder at your local grocer’s, add a pinch of sugar with the regular curry powder.

here's one for your book ..i like the idea of adding larger or cider to add to the taste

The best roast potatoes in the world

Just something simple but what a difference, have these on any meal or by themselves, i normally do millions of them when i have a barbeque. You cant stop eating them.

Perfect Roast Potatoes

Preparation Time: Approx 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour

INGREDIENTS:

•1.5 kg (3 lb) Mayan Gold potatoes (preferably all similar in size) or King Edward,
Maris Piper or any other floury potatoes
•Vegetable oil for basting
•About 2 heaped tbsp plain flour, or you could try Cousccous for extra crunchyness.
•½ tsp fresh soft thyme leaves (optional)
•Few whole unpeeled garlic cloves (optional)
•Salt and freshly ground black pepper

METHOD:

•Peel the potatoes and cut into large even-sized pieces.

•Place in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes,
then drain and return to the pan for a minute or so to dry out.

•Preheat a large roasting tin with 1 ½cm of vegetable oil for a few minutes until just smoking.

•Place the flour or couscous in a small bowl, season generously and add soft thyme leaves, if using.
Place the potatoes in a colander and toss them in a handful of the seasoned flour.
You’ll need to do this quite vigorously so the edges start to break up slightly.

•Arrange the potatoes, flat-side down in the hot fat and baste the tops,
adding the garlic cloves at this point for a different dimension, if liked.

•Place in preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius before turning the potatoes over.
Cook for a further 20 minutes, then pour off the majority of the fat.
Cook for a final 20 minutes until crispy around the edges and golden brown.

•Sprinkle with some salt and serve!

Kerry Casserole

Another Class dish for you guys to impress the wife or Girlfriend.Over a good glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Just make some extra because you cant stop eating it.

Ingredients
3/4 lb Belly of pork

3/4 lb Smoked bacon

2 lb Potatoes

1/4 lb Mushrooms

1 ts Rosemary

1 lb Onions

3/4 c Stock

Salt and pepper 2 oz Butter

Cut meat into one-inch cubes.
Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
Peel or wipe mushrooms, and slice if large.
Grease a large ovenproof dish with some of the butter, and place a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom.
Add half the meat pieces, seasoned and sprinkled with rosemary.
Layer with half the vegetables, plus another layer of potatoes.
Repeat, using all meat, veg and potatoes.
Pour stock over and dot potatoes with remaining butter.
Cover and cook in a moderate oven, 325F, for 2 1/4 hours.
Uncover for the last half hour of cooking to brown the potatoes.

wow a man who can cook do u want to get married lol I cant cook but will have a go at some of these thanks

Thanks Vixen

You try them there easy to do i left all the instructions, you will impress anyone with your cooking.
I would cook for days on end , i have done before , prepairing for a big family gathering

wow a man who can cook do u want to get married lol I cant cook but will have a go at some of these thanks

I will try to type in 2 or 3 recipes i recomend a day, to keep this post going if anyone is interested, maybe i can, set up a link page to each recipe ?

Mods what do you think ?

Chicken Casserole

This is a basic chicken casserole, but very tasty
Serves 4

Ingredients
3 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, sliced
8 skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned with a little salt and pepper
290ml/½ pint chicken stock
grated zest of 1 orange
juice of 2 oranges
150ml/¼pt sherry
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
300g/10oz button mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
boiled rice, to serve

Method
1. Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large heavy pan,
then add the onions and fry for about 10 minutes until lightly browned and soft.
Transfer to a plate.
2. Toss the chicken in the seasoned flour. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the pan,
then add the chicken and fry until evenly browned. Add the chicken stock,
onions and their juices, orange juice and zest, sherry and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
3. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and black pepper if necessary.
Just before serving, sprinkle over the chopped parsley and serve with boiled rice.

•Place in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes,
then drain and return to the pan for a minute or so to dry out.

I have always been told to shake the potatoes in the pan when you have drained the water, before putting them in the oil. What is your opinion on this?

Cheers

Back