Global Cooling ?

There speaks a true Internet educated expert. View attachment 141312
Fortunately I had an excellent education, long before the internet was invented, back when we still had the 11+ and grammar schools, where we were taught to think rationally and logically about things and to analyse any information without simply accepting it as being factual. I have never been influenced by social media but I have used the internet to learn practical things, not theoretical unproven ones.

so what style of referencing where you taught ? Harvard,MLA,MHRA as i see none to back up anything you have said

You cannot compare the atmosphere of Mars to that of Earth. Also Mars is closer to the sun than Earth, so naturally it'll have a hotter planet, hence it's a desert there.

Im still waiting for you to provide your evidence of everything you're claiming. I see you're making straw man arguments again too, CO2 produced by the human population is massive, and has increased greatly since the industrial revolution. Also through deforestation, and more acidic seas then we're losing those things that actually combat the greenhouse affect.
Of course you can compare how Mars has mirrored the warming and cooling cycles of the earth, distance from the heat source is irrelevant, the fact that they both get hotter or cooler at the same time is the important thing.

I gave you the link to the antarctic ice increasing in my first reply to you when you asked for proof.

Of course you can compare how Mars has mirrored the warming and cooling cycles of the earth, distance from the heat source is irrelevant, the fact that they both get hotter or cooler at the same time is the important thing.

I gave you the link to the antarctic ice increasing in my first reply to you when you asked for proof.

What??

Distance from the sun is irrelevant? Again im not sure you understand how the sun works.

I liked your comment about theoretical unproven ones. Im not sure you understand the difference with scientific theory and normal theory. You do realise that gravity is a theory right? I don't see you throwing yourself out of a high rise building to test that theory ;)

The only proof you've provided for the sweeping statements is the one link, which we've proved has additional information, to which you're ignoring. I've provided multiple links debunking everything you've said. But you're using strawman arguments.

I would suggest you maybe look up the dunning-kruger effect.

If you can't understand that two objects at different distances from the same heat source will both get warmer and cooler at the same time, even though by differing amounts if that heat sources varies in its output regardless of the distances involved then there is no point in continuing this thread.

You believe in imaginary friends, fairies and the Easter bunny, theories and anything else if you wish and I will believe in factual and physical evidence, backed up by experience and logical thinking.

You believe in imaginary friends, fairies and the Easter bunny, theories and anything else if you wish and I will believe in factual and physical evidence, backed up by experience and logical thinking.

That post manages to be both sad, and delusional. :(

I've often argued a point believing myself to be right and will strongly defend it till proven otherwise. However, when I'm the only one holding that particular view and all around me are telling me I'm wrong, I pause to re-think.
It's great to have your own beliefs and stick to them but it's very rare the vast majority are wrong on a point of fact.

If the distance from a heat source is irrelevant why do I need more than 1 radiator on each floor? 😂

I've often argued a point believing myself to be right and will strongly defend it till proven otherwise. However, when I'm the only one holding that particular view and all around me are telling me I'm wrong, I pause to re-think.
It's great to have your own beliefs and stick to them but it's very rare the vast majority are wrong on a point of fact.

If the distance from a heat source is irrelevant why do I need more than 1 radiator on each floor? 😂
As a general rule I would agree with you but if look at places like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, the overwhelming majority of the population still believe in god/s but there will be one or two more enlightened intelligent, free thinking people who can think logically and rationally who are believingh in reality and science instead.

You need more radiators to achieve the temerature you desire but if your boiler was running they would still get warmer, by varying degrees, no matter how big or how many you had or how far away from the boiler they were as the hot water circulated through them and when the boiler was off they would all cool down again.

If you look at it logically the Earth has an ecosystem that has created life and it has thrived. The industrial revolution has had a very positive affect on humans but If you think logically you cannot deny that the industrial revolution has had an negative impact on that ecosystem and on the other species that are left.
We think we are the most intelligent species on Earth but i’ve got a funny feeling we aren’t. The old saying too smart for your own good🤔

Sir David Attenborough has been looking at the natural world for most of his life why would he lie about what we are doing to the planet….

You're not seriously suggesting that he would know more about it than Internet expert are you? o_O
The wood for the trees springs to mind, here endeth the lesson….

As a general rule I would agree with you but if look at places like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, the overwhelming majority of the population still believe in god/s but there will be one or two more enlightened intelligent, free thinking people who can think logically and rationally who are believingh in reality and science instead.

You need more radiators to achieve the temerature you desire but if your boiler was running they would still get warmer, by varying degrees, no matter how big or how many you had or how far away from the boiler they were as the hot water circulated through them and when the boiler was off they would all cool down again.
I said "It's great to have your own beliefs and stick to them but it's very rare the vast majority are wrong on a point of fact." Religion is a belief rather than a fact. I've yet to see or hear of any proof of the existence of God or any other deity.

My radiator question was tongue in cheek, I'm well aware how a central heating system works. 😂

If you can't understand that two objects at different distances from the same heat source will both get warmer and cooler at the same time, even though by differing amounts if that heat sources varies in its output regardless of the distances involved then there is no point in continuing this thread.

Again, you're making strawman arguments, or cherry picking information to make your argument look better.

So, you're now saying that the Earth and Mars have warmed/cooled at the same time, but by differeing amounts or temperatures. Can I ask for a source for this information please. I'd also ask how long we've been able to measure the warming/cooling affect on Mars, I doubt we have centuries of data like we do from Earth. But I'll await your source and evidence.

The 2nd half of your opening sentence doesn't even make sense. But I think you're saying that the sun outputs differently or varies and this is regardless of the distance from that object? Which to me doesn't make sense at all. Yes the effects of the sun will differ on objects closer/farther away, but there will be other factors too. Atmophere of the planet, solarwinds etc.

As for your last bit about imaginary friends, you're yet to provide more than 1 link, which we've already proven had additional information that showed you were wrong. Yet you believe in factual and physical evidence ;)

@janobi

You almost sound you know what you are talking about until you stated that mars is closer to the sun than the earth and that gravity is still just a theory? I have some sympathy for sandra51 as the prevailing theory that man is to blame for ALL climate change is open to debate, i agree we are having an impact and a serious one at that but the full understanding of the sun and its interactions with the rest of of the solar system and galaxy is still largely unknown.

There was a program on years ago 10+ showing the suns output and the direct affect it had on rain fall in someplace i cant remember. There was also a theory a few years back about how the galactic centre would 'brup' every 10 thousand years or so pushing cosmic dust through the galaxy including out solar system agitating the sun. Again cant remember what it was think it was called galactic super wave or something. It is also true that mars and the other plants are apparently also warming which would throw some weight behind the sun being partly to blame but who knows.

I am no expect but there is more to all this than just us. We should look after our home tho.

My radiator question was tongue in cheek, I'm well aware how a central heating system works. 😂
Sorry chookey, I thought that you were as confused as janobi seems to be over the relationship of the varying heat output of the source and the distances to two objects affecting the temperatures of both of them at the same time, albeit by different amounts.

I can agree that the sun is the source of the heat so when it is outputting more heat Mars will see that effect too. The difference is that because of greenhouse gases when the sun is outputting 100% the earth is now retaining the heat so is being heat by say 120%, where as Mars is still it 100%. So yes Earth and Mars heat and chill at the same time but no long at the same rate to each other

@eon - You saying that gravity isn't a theory? Because it is. Whilst scientific theory is different to traditional theory, it is still a theory. Im not saying it doesn't exist, I was merely making a point about understanding, and the differences with theories. Again, gravity is a theory, but I don't see people jumping off high buildings to prove the theory.

Also, pretty sure that Mars is closer to the sun than Earth. It's the 3rd planet in the solar system, compared to Earth being the forth, and whilst they orbit the sun at different rates, it's accepted that Mars is closer to the sun.

So which part do you feel I misrepresented?

@Sandra51 - Still waiting for your evidence of anything you've said. I'll wait until new year it's no issue :)

@eon - You saying that gravity isn't a theory? Because it is. Whilst scientific theory is different to traditional theory, it is still a theory. Im not saying it doesn't exist, I was merely making a point about understanding, and the differences with theories. Again, gravity is a theory, but I don't see people jumping off high buildings to prove the theory.

Also, pretty sure that Mars is closer to the sun than Earth. It's the 3rd planet in the solar system, compared to Earth being the forth, and whilst they orbit the sun at different rates, it's accepted that Mars is closer to the sun.

So which part do you feel I misrepresented?

@Sandra51 - Still waiting for your evidence of anything you've said. I'll wait until new year it's no issue :)

Earth is the 3rd rock from the sun

This is the order

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

@janobi

You almost sound you know what you are talking about until you stated that mars is closer to the sun than the earth and that gravity is still just a theory? I have some sympathy for sandra51 as the prevailing theory that man is to blame for ALL climate change is open to debate, i agree we are having an impact and a serious one at that but the full understanding of the sun and its interactions with the rest of of the solar system and galaxy is still largely unknown.

There was a program on years ago 10+ showing the suns output and the direct affect it had on rain fall in someplace i cant remember. There was also a theory a few years back about how the galactic centre would 'brup' every 10 thousand years or so pushing cosmic dust through the galaxy including out solar system agitating the sun. Again cant remember what it was think

Back