glitching problem with 500 and 800

helpless

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, my friend has a dm800 and dm500 and e has problems with glitching, i dnt no if its his internet, the 2 boxes are not on the same server and he has asked people on the same server as him are they having problems and they said no, so we no its not a server problem, he had a problem with is internet and foned cable they came out and said his signal wasnt right, he said he would goto box out side and fix it, then come back in and test it, but he never came back, he foned virgin again and they said it has been fixed, but he gets a break up every min, sometimes can be every 30 sec, he gets no glitched on free to air channels and his signal is around 93% to 96% so it cant be that, he tryed a different router and still nojoy. i ask him to check his levels in the 192 page of his 256 modem, his dwn Receive Power Level : 2.0dBmV.. SNR 40.6 dB.. his Upstream transmit Power Level : 40.0.dbmV.. Mini-Slot Size : 2.. my modem dwn Power Level : is -1.9dBmV, he doesnt have a - at his, does his levels look ok or can u even tell if ur modem is running ok using the above info.
Helpless

The only thing I can suggest is if he can use one of the boxes at a different address. He could also open up the ports for the box in the router so as soon it knows where to send the info.

Does anyone innthe household dl torrents or stuff as this may be hogging the connection.

yes his son downloads torrent, but so do i and i dont have any problems, i tryed the boxes in my house and they work 100% no freeze or glitching, he even tryed the enet cable driect from modem to dreambox, no router and it still glitched so it seems like his modem, has anyone had this problem using cable, i no a guy had same problem using sky bb
helpless

he is on 10mb dwnload speed so its way more than enough
helpless

he is on 10mb dwnload speed so its way more than enough
helpless

Do the speed test that mark the yid suggested and see what the ping speed comes out at. Then get your son to start a torrent download and do the same test and compare the 2 pings.

Last edited:
Back