giving up smoking with will power

what shall i go with??

• Total voters
I find people who are told to give up or told that they have to give up are the ones that are least likely to succeed. Will power is enough for everyone. It is just a matter of the individuals perception of their reasons for giving up. Focus on not so much that you are giving up but on things like "everyday my health will improve if I don't poison myself with chemicals and tobaco". The most empowering phrase of all time "everyday in everyway I am getting stronger and better than before"

Thort idd give you a update. Its now day three and am finding it allot better now have not got the cravings so much. I do get them but they are not so bad.

Fb

EDIT. Have been tempted to have a cig but choose not to :)

nice to hear m8 - just remember the very first cig you had and how disgusting it was when you coughed your guts up for the first time and got that headache - because every cigarette you have will taste just like the very first now.

Keep it up FB

after reading this on monday i decided to throw away the baccy and quit also, 11pm tonight will be 48hrs

i know it's cheesy - i used to see each day as a new record! 15 days without one... 16 days... made me even more determined not to go back to zero!

Keep it up FB

after reading this on monday i decided to throw away the baccy and quit also, 11pm tonight will be 48hrs

Well done mt the initial days are the toughest but rest assured it does get easier and eventually passes.
Keep us posted guys :)

Well. Its beem 8 days since i last had a cig. And must say i fell so much better. I dont get short of breath anymore have got more of a apertite. And have not even thort of having another cig.

Will keep ye posted guys.

Fb.

Well done m8 keep it up and hopefully you can inspire some others to give up as well.

Thanks for that ian. And i hope i do :)

Fb.

sent from my GT-15801 using tapatalk pro

Well. Its beem 8 days since i last had a cig. And must say i fell so much better. I dont get short of breath anymore have got more of a apertite. And have not even thort of having another cig.

Will keep ye posted guys.

Fb.

Have you had a drink yet? That was the ultimate test for me. If you can have a drinj without cracking then in my opinion, youve made it :)

Have you had a drink yet? That was the ultimate test for me. If you can have a drinj without cracking then in my opinion, youve made it :)

Nah mate i have not. But the thing is that i dun drink. Have not had a pint for a year maby.

Fb.

sent from my GT-15801 using tapatalk pro

Bumpety bump

Just wondering how you are getting on fb, are you still a smoke free zone ?

Well I thought I might join in on thread I'm on my first day of quitting so hopefully I stick to it this time

Gave up just under 22 years ago. Great decision. Done it over the course of a week

Day 1 Went to lunchtime

Day 2 Tried to go to teatime did not manage

Day 3 Went to teatime

Day 4 Tried to go allday

Day 5 Nearly managed allday

Day 6 Went allday. Have not smoked since.

Back