gift key??

mdt

Inactive User
Reaction score
sorry for being a bit thick guys,lol but ive just opened my new 9000hd and i cant find the piece of paper with the gift key in the box. are they pre-installed now? or should i email craig@eurosky?? regards mdt

you dont get gift key anymore on piece of paper but when you load the latest patch you will see the key when its activated ,you need to take note of it incase your box needs reactivated

you dont get gift key anymore on piece of paper but when you load the latest patch you will see the key when its activated ,you need to take note of it incase your box needs reactivated

the reason i ask is i want to install the s.t.b and patch it so i can use the emu/keys and csnet/service+ and test a c***m 2.14 line with the bb connection but i DO NOTwant to activate the a+++ 12 month untill the day before the new football season. am i right in saying i can do this? or have i got the wrong end of the stick? regards mdt

yes you dont have to activate gift till when your ready and cline will work ok
alex

i DO NOTwant to activate the a+++ 12 month untill the day before the new football season.

What makes you think it will still be available?

The gift can go down at any time, it's not guaranteed.

i DO NOTwant to activate the a+++ 12 month untill the day before the new football season.

Why? The new footy season will be finished eleven months from now.

Why? The new footy season will be finished eleven months from now.

if u read the post the gift lasts 12 mths and he want it to start just before the new season starts then from that date he will have 12 mths

if u read the post the gift lasts 12 mths and he want it to start just before the new season starts then from that date he will have 12 mths

If he uses the gift now, he will still get all of the next season. The footy season doesn't last 12 months.

my advise would be to use it while you can, as even though the distributors say itll last for 12 months, they also say that if anything happens to the actual gift or any of the channels it clears then this is down to the manufacturers, and not the distributors

activate it, and cross your fingers that you get the full 12 months out of it

my advise would be to use it while you can, as even though the distributors say itll last for 12 months, they also say that if anything happens to the actual gift or any of the channels it clears then this is down to the manufacturers, and not the distributors

activate it, and cross your fingers that you get the full 12 months out of it

Hi, I'm very new here but I totally agree with what digidude says here.

The gift can stop at any moment really, whatever they promisse. It isn't like they are licensed by the providers or anything. So if their server of whatever get's shut down for any reason, then that is the end of the gift. That is the reason they are calling it a gift. So if it goes you won't be able to complain or get a refund. Same goes for packages opening on Protek/Nanoxx type stb's, but at least they don't make any promisses.

I own a Spiderbox too by the way. And I am very happy with it. I just see the gift as a temporary bonus.

Hi, I'm very new here but I totally agree with what digidude says here.

The gift can stop at any moment really, whatever they promisse. It isn't like they are licensed by the providers or anything. So if their server of whatever get's shut down for any reason, then that is the end of the gift. That is the reason they are calling it a gift. So if it goes you won't be able to complain or get a refund. Same goes for packages opening on Protek/Nanoxx type stb's, but at least they don't make any promisses.

I own a Spiderbox too by the way. And I am very happy with it. I just see the gift as a temporary bonus.
but isnt a GIFT free

u have to pay for this ok not much but you are paying for it

its like selling a car and putting £20 worth of petrol in it saying this gift will last for 12 mths and u have to pay £20

but if it runs out after 2 weeks sorry u cannot do anything cos it is a gift

I too was baffeled and expected a note/card or paper with the key on it, but yeah its all pre loaded already in fact more then likely they put a patch on i had a december old patch with key.... but then i reloaded the latest patch + gift onto the spiderbox and hit the register key and it was on.

If your box didnt get a key just pm me I know a guy that can find your key thats tagged to your box, I couldnt be bothered to wait cos he took 2-3 weeks to eventually pm me my key, so went back to the store and got the box replaced hassle free.

couldnt wait really the gift is too tempting too not enable ;)

But you are right m8 most of the good stuff is just 13,19,28 and some on 16, I dont rarely wonder anyware else.

but isnt a GIFT free

its like selling a car and putting £20 worth of petrol in it saying this gift will last for 12 mths and u have to pay £20

True. It's like handing out your christmas presents out to your family and then asking them all for a contribution.

but isnt a GIFT free

Hi davidh,

Yes that is true. I think that is something they have overlooked. Although I think it is now no longer possible to by a Spiderbox without the gift (except I think for some combo deal with an eagle or so). Now it's included in the price and if you don't want it your only choice is not to activate it. At least I think so and may stand corrected.

Biggest problem is that many people are persuaded to by the stb only because of the gift and they are blind to the fact that it is impossible to garantee that it will last for any lenght of time. For the rest it is a good quality stb tho in my opinion. And that is the reason I bought mine. Of course the gift is nice for someone who isn't doing CSing like me.

Well that is my opinion anyway.

Regards

do you get many channels once this gift has run out or anything worth watching im new to all this and just thinking about it at the mo also is this the best one to go for do they all seem to pick up the same channels

do you get many channels once this gift has run out or anything worth watching im new to all this and just thinking about it at the mo also is this the best one to go for do they all seem to pick up the same channels

Nobody really knows what will happen after the gift runs out.

Maybe there will be channels still opening with the service+ (this is the other thing that is opening channels on the Spiderbox for the moment). Or maybe the gift will be extended (at a cost or not). Or maybe you will be left with just another stb that only opens channels with patches. Only time will tell.

Of course it is also possible to do CS if you have a subscription card.

we you cxan use it as a client ore server so there will be plenty of options when it does go

Yer when the gift runs out it'll just resort to a normal box capable of cardsharing, there will be plenty of life left in it once the gift goes down.

im prop gonna give a stupid question here but do you still actually need a dish for this box if the gift channels are actually run of the net through a cs

im prop gonna give a stupid question here but do you still actually need a dish for this box if the gift channels are actually run of the net through a cs

It's not an IPTV box :)

Only the codes to decode the channels come through the internet, the pictures still come from a dish.

Back