getting rid of my tm800hd and maybe getting the TM5402 HD

dan44762000

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have had nothing but major issues with the tm800hd , quite honestly the worst £150 i have ever spent in my entire life and mr helpful over at technomate insists that it is not the box but my fault .
i have the immage he suggested i put on there but it still goes out of sync on hd channels and randomly crashes .

so i am going to bin it and get a tm5402hd one instead .

should i bother with another technomate or leave them completly ?
is it easy to set up ccam on the 5402hd ?
all i am interested in is hd picture , easy set up of ccam and a working easy to use epg .

any reccomendations on another box entirely ?

i will take great pleasure smashing this tm00hd to bits and posting it off too mr helpful at technomate .

thanks dan

when you smash it up could you PLEEEEEASE take a video and upload it here :) so many members will get satisfaction in watching it ;)

personally I would not give Technomate 1 more pence of my hard earned cash, I have a dreambox clone SE that out classes the TM800

the choice is yours mate :) spend your money wisely

when you smash it up could you PLEEEEEASE take a video and upload it here :) so many members will get satisfaction in watching it ;)

personally I would not give Technomate 1 more pence of my hard earned cash, I have a dreambox clone SE that out classes the TM800

the choice is yours mate :) spend your money wisely

yes i could do that no problem , where would you suggest getting a clone from , cheap as possible , i am only looking to spend £150 max

sent you a PM mate

there are other boxes out there mate, I only said clone SE as I have one and happy with it :)

dont bin it, i will give you £50 for it.
I like Technomate products but if you were choosing between a DM800se and a TM5402 the DM would win easily. If you like to play with receivers as well as watch tv consider the Amiko Alien. I have just got one and think its great so far albeit a bit hard to set up.

If you do want another TM receiver, you may want to consider the Single although I suspect that after the newer Vu receivers come out, there will be knock on effects on other receiver prices.

Stick it on ebay m8 they do re sell. i got well over a ton for mine ;). Hope no one on here bought ot lol.
P.S. it had a hdd and wifi fitted

Stick it on ebay m8 they do re sell. i got well over a ton for mine ;). Hope no one on here bought ot lol.
P.S. it had a hdd and wifi fitted

mine has no hard drive or wifi .
and have listed it on another forum .

i have read about the problems the technomate linux receivers were/are having, i have had a 6902 for over a year and never had a problem and just bought a tm2toe and really well pleased with it so far its doing what it says on the tin maybe the 2toe is the boiler they should have brought out first and then they would not have had so many disgrunteled customers

i have read about the problems the technomate linux receivers were/are having, i have had a 6902 for over a year and never had a problem and just bought a tm2toe and really well pleased with it so far its doing what it says on the tin maybe the 2toe is the boiler they should have brought out first and then they would not have had so many disgrunteled customers

I agree but it was a flopped attempt to release a mega cheap HD linux reciever, if they would have spent some more cash and used a recognised broadcom chipset and hired a proper coding team..this could have been avoided. To be fair it's not just the TM800HD, all prior Linux recivers from TM have had rubbish support including the TM500 and 600...

It's a combination of factors that have left many so p'd off with the whole TM800HD Fiasco... firstly it never should have been released in the state it was in...hardware and design was low end bargain basement unproven chipsets with no confirmed working Enigma 2 drivers, functionality was awful and bug-ridden (internal hard disk not working, card readers not working etc etc), supported by the most useless software support team i've ever seen.. UR Team. Basically released just before the FIFA football world cup to try and cash in on sales..
OK the above is bad enough...but even at that point they should have pulled the box from sale refunded all customers as the product was clearly unfit for purpose..fixed the issues then re-released it.. But instead you had nearly 2 years of lies, BS and misinformation being spread not only from within TM but from TM fanboys across various forums..still encouraging people to buy ...
Instead of fixing bugs and issues, problems and issues were denied and the end users were blamed for not "fallowing A,B,C instructions", making claims that hobbyists are the only ones complaining and 98% of buyers are pre-configured c-line traders ... TM must seriously think their customers are stupid...changing the name of their software team UR TEAM to IQ Team, DS Team etc..to deflect criticsim and make it look like theres actually support for the reciever...
Anyway..2 years later after at least 2 factory recalls for CPU/Chipset JTags etc...lots of broken promises of when bugs and features would be fixed by...what happens ? TM800 is now obsolete.. no further development...Buy the new TM products... Lol...
Whats even worse is the unofficial support for traders with SR images so box configurations can be locked down, softcam config files can be hiddden to prevent end users making changes...Further evidence that it's all about sales and cashflow..the end user experience is an after thought.

Back