General Instruments CFT2100 (remember them)

tonyfr35

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi yes i need some info from anyone on here about an analogue cable box...we still have analogue cable and i have chipped a cft2100 no probs but what i need to know is if anyone on here can remember these boxes is... i have a second cft2100 which a friend gave me when i turn the box on it does not reset to CH 02 instead it flashes (On) and it is chipped,channel range is from 02 to 127 plus it won,t display anything on a tv...i have had a look at the archives but can find nothing like the symptons i have described above.Could it be used as a doorstop?Thanks in advance for any info :drink:

Cheers for that...But i have chipped these boxes before but i have never come across the problem i have described in my original post...checked internal battery 3.3volts,replaced chip using hexgen 3 and serial no. on bottom of cable box (converted serial no.)am i missing something? :Dunce:p.S. also tried TCINIT...

If you use hexgen 4 there is an option to initialize the box it works better than tcinit,run it with 99 channel map i think and if the box goes to 02 then it has worked.Whether the box goes to channel 02 every time the power is removed and reapplied depends on legs 4 and 5 being connected or not(auto mapping)

Back