fun with dbox2

OK , It is well known that I am a moaning bastard !!!

Why does a thread like this get so far when the author of all released images tells everyone, albeit in mini ( diddyproof ) code, exactly what to do to get it working............even if only for educational purposes

All you boys and girls looking to get the best new image for your box would be well advised to take 5 minutes and read the release notes ( nowadays a fandangled glossy pdf ) before jumping in and asking the same old shit questions over and over...................everything you need to know is there !!!

The image authors dont write the read me for nothing

Last edited:
OK , It is well known that I am a moaning bastard !!!

Why does a thread like this get so far when the author of all released images tells everyone, albeit in mini ( diddyproof ) code, exactly what to do to get it working............even if only for educational purposes

All you boys and girls looking to get the best new image for your box would be well advised to take 5 minutes and read the release notes ( nowadays a fandangled glossy pdf ) before jumping in and asking the same old shit questions over and over...................everything you need to know is there !!!

The image authors dont write the read me for nothing

Hope your in a better mood today m8 lol

Can see your point though, but no matter how easy the image creators make it you will allways get ppl asking the same old questions, been like this for years and dont think it will change anytime soon lol.

Derek

Hope your in a better mood today m8 lol

Can see your point though, but no matter how easy the image creators make it you will allways get ppl asking the same old questions, been like this for years and dont think it will change anytime soon lol.

Derek

How's it goin Deek mate....

Like I said, I'm just a moaning bastard.............LOL

I always think back to when I first started

its a lot to take in for some people and I include myself in that

never ever be afraid to ask for help :) there will always be someone willing to help you Im sure

even now I forget how to do the simplest things and have to refer back to notes or search for the answer

I always think back to when I first started

its a lot to take in for some people and I include myself in that

never ever be afraid to ask for help :) there will always be someone willing to help you Im sure

even now I forget how to do the simplest things and have to refer back to notes or search for the answer

The readme files give some massive clues Rat mate, eg

what files are missing that are needed for the image to run at its optimum

where to get hold of the files

where to put the files

It seems 90% of peeps are so desperate to flash a new image they forget to take a few minutes to read up and learn how it works before diving in.

I'm not really ranting here buddy, moreso stating some facts.

All the best

I'm in total agreement with you rodboy :)

but as I said I can understand some members not always taking it in and missing simple things coz I'm the same
most people naturally pick things up but there are a few (like me) that need telling more than once :( and it can be rather embarrassing at times

but I do understand your frustration when you read the same questions over and over

reminds me when I done my first MOSC card davidh (and someone else who I cant remember now) was on msn helping me through it

we started at about 7pm and I finally got the card working at about 11/11.30pm :Laugh:
patience of a saint that man lol

;)

The readme files give some massive clues Rat mate, eg

what files are missing that are needed for the image to run at its optimum

where to get hold of the files

where to put the files

It seems 90% of peeps are so desperate to flash a new image they forget to take a few minutes to read up and learn how it works before diving in.

I'm not really ranting here buddy, moreso stating some facts.

All the best

Ah the RODBOY how are you doing mate?
I've been away for a wee while but good to see your're still about for all the good reasons can't thank you enuf for the help you gave me mate it was well appreciated.:proud:

I just love it when the Victor Meldrew from Falkirk goes off on one.....:proud:

Everything he said is totally true though, nowdays the readme on the images are in pdf and very very detailed, the creators put a lot of time into their work to try and make it really simple for even the newest person. If the readme still doesn't get you there then there is the search button and that will pick up pages upon pages of similar problems.....99%/100% which are solved.

Then if you stll are stuck there are those that will always answer your questions.....even Mr Grumpy Rodboy..........:proud:

For those newbies who do not know of him.....don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite and he really is a very helpful soul.

How you doing Rod m8....aint seen a rant from you in a while, you must have been taking your medication.

I just love it when the Victor Meldrew from Falkirk goes off on one.....:proud:

Everything he said is totally true though, nowdays the readme on the images are in pdf and very very detailed, the creators put a lot of time into their work to try and make it really simple for even the newest person. If the readme still doesn't get you there then there is the search button and that will pick up pages upon pages of similar problems.....99%/100% which are solved.

Then if you stll are stuck there are those that will always answer your questions.....even Mr Grumpy Rodboy..........:proud:

For those newbies who do not know of him.....don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite and he really is a very helpful soul.

How you doing Rod m8....aint seen a rant from you in a while, you must have been taking your medication.

I just like to shake things up now and again, especially when it's quiet.........I mean no harm.........lol

You mean the missus let you off the leash :proud:

Back