VU+ Duo FTP Access

crimmo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Vu+Duo and I want to FTP some files onto it, have done it before but this time the DBedit is saying my username and password is incorrect. I have not changed it from root/dreambox and have tried root/ (blank) too but nothing works. Does anyone have an idea of how to get into it or to reset password etc.?

Thanks

I have a Vu+Duo and I want to FTP some files onto it, have done it before but this time the DBedit is saying my username and password is incorrect. I have not changed it from root/dreambox and have tried root/ (blank) too but nothing works. Does anyone have an idea of how to get into it or to reset password etc.?

Thanks

Use a software tool/ Telnet and SSH client called putty to rename image and password it enables you to put in your own name and password or put it back to ROOT/DREAMBOX.comes with full instructions
i used this when i had the same problem only took a min.

PuTTY Download Page

On the VU range the default password is not dreambox.

Infact most images for the VU range has no password at all it is blank.

Depending on your image you may be able to download a plugin from you images software manager called password changer or if you have the tspanel installed there is a password changer in the tools section.

Thanks, I downloaded this but it asks me for the ip address, which is fine, but then the username and password, am I doing something wrong? If I do make a connection, what do I do then? Sorry for all the questions.....

Thanks, I downloaded this but it asks me for the ip address, which is fine, but then the username and password, am I doing something wrong? If I do make a connection, what do I do then? Sorry for all the questions.....

Start Putty

Put your solo2 IP in
Tick the telnet option and press open

At login just put root and hit enter

now type passwd

Enter your password note it wont actually show you the entry then hit enter

Repeat entering the same pass then it should report password changed.

Last edited:
Start Putty

Put your solo2 IP in
Tick the telnet option and press open

At login just put root and hit enter

now type passwd

Enter your password note it wont actually show you the entry then hit enter

Repeat entering the same pass then it should report password changed.

How does he do that mate when he can not login to his box as he does not know the password ? Hes tried dreambox and leaving his pass blank.

How does he do that mate when he can not login to his box as he does not know the password ? Hes tried dreambox and leaving his pass blank.

i did not use a different password you just enter the box ip,tick telnet and click on open,put in root and click enter then type in password for me i put in dreambox and then entered a new password and this worked for me.

Hi, I am having no joy with putty, what plugin could I use and where do I download that from? Thanks

On the VU range the default password is not dreambox.

Infact most images for the VU range has no password at all it is blank.

Depending on your image you may be able to download a plugin from you images software manager called password changer or if you have the tspanel installed there is a password changer in the tools section.

I have found a password changer by going through Menu/Setup/Software Management/Manage extensions/System/Password Changer. It is by AliAbdul. However when I subsequently go into plugins I can not see it, how do I access the extension once it is installed? Thanks

I have found a password changer by going through Menu/Setup/Software Management/Manage extensions/System/Password Changer. It is by AliAbdul. However when I subsequently go into plugins I can not see it, how do I access the extension once it is installed? Thanks

Try a long press of the blue button see if it there.

Thanks Ferret, no not there. When I go back to it and highlight the option is to uninstall so it seems it is installed but no idea how to get to it! Thanks

And... Which is the difference between CIFS and NFS for ftp acces?
Thanks

Back