- Apr 27, 2012
- Reaction score
- Where I Wake Up!
FRUITBALLS SKY DISH INSTALL GUIDE
Tools you will need
- hammer drill
- 10mm and 13mm spanners
- wire cutters
- sky dish
- rg6 or better cable
- clips for cable
- self ammalgimating tape
- spirit level
- insulation and cable ties
- F connectors
- cable tidies or wall plates
- coach bolts and washers and plugs
- satellite receiver or signal meter to align
- cups of tea and beer at the end
Be safe.... working at heights is dangerous... if you dont feel confident then get a professional to do it... sky tv aint worth your life! Remember to wear safety glasses... hardhat... harness... safe use of ladders... ectect
I am using the new mk4 zone 1 dish in my install your sky dish may vary slightly but follow this guide and you will be watching tv in no time
1. Take your wall bracket and place against the wall facing south (look where other dishes are pointing or use a compass) and mark 4 holes while using a spirit level on the bracket to ensure it is straight.
2. Drill your holes to slightly longer then your bolts and then fit plugs in to the wall.
3. Take your coach bolts and put washers on them and then attach to the four holes and bolt up using a 13mm spanner. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. Double check all is level
tip... the bolts holding the dish to the swingarm i would always use 2 bolts to stop it sliding and also adjust them to make sure your spirit level is bang on
4. Now attach you dish to the bracket and connect the bolts up and slightly tighten them up so it will not fall of wall but you can still adjust to get signal but make sure lnb is attached and secure and your ready to align.
5. Now your going to align your dish to 28.2e, use either a signal meter from a satellite receiver or a professional meter. You want to tighten all bolts up when you have locked on to the satellite and make sure you are getting the best possible signal
6. Now go through the transponders on that satellite and double check your signal accoss the entire satellite, a good channel to try is the horror channel. You can find the transponder on lyngsat
7. Now time to adjust your lnb skew... undo the the screw that is holding it tight and loosen and then move the lnb 1mm to the left and right and so on untill you have a good strong signal across the entire range of transponders
8. Once happy with your signal tighten everything up and then run your cable from your lnb through the dish and down to where you satellite receiver is. Make sure you tape up the cable on the lnb arm and make sure the lnb connectors are watertight either with built in weather protector or using self amaligimating tape. Make sure your cable is tied down to the dish as for it not to flap around and get damaged. Then tack your cable down the wall and run to your sat receiver.
Thats it.. your all done.. it is very simple to do but just make sure you take your time and do it right and it will give you many happy years of service... There are guides on the forum for fitting f connectors and how to align ect ect... Have a look around and you will be installing your own dish in no time!