frigging whatsapp

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ARRRGGGHHHH
I fooking hate facebook, i loved instragram (RIP), i loved whatsapp (RIP).
We now just had to delete my whatsapp account and remove the app because the privacy invaders have now bought it, and will no doubt harvest the user database.
I had enough a few years back when facebook changed to timeline and reset all my privacy settings again, my wife works in a school and kept her profile to very close friends only, only around 10 friends and about 20 family members. So when one of the kids at school asked about some photos she had of our wedding she became very upset at it (this child was not in her friends profile - she never accepted any friend requests from work or kids from work). When i checked all her settings were set to visible even though i only a few days early set them to private.
We DELETED both our accounts and never looked back. Now this scummy company is trying to get new members of its shady site by buying other popular apps.
Ive got no problem with social networking, but i do believe in control, farceshat is the complete opposite to what a social network should be and any app that gets taken over by them will be on the delete list as soon as i realise.
thats betters.....

I don't understand why he wants whats app he has Facebook chat i guess its just another way for them men in the vans to keep on top of your business.

ku-xlarge.jpg

I don't understand why he wants whats app he has Facebook chat i guess its just another way for them men in the vans to keep on top of your business.

View attachment 79212

Younger users are moving away from Facebook, WhatsApp has 450 million users and charges 99 cents a year for usage, I make that near enough $450m annual income as it's 99 cents to download the app too.

It could be a good time to buy Facebook shares as the market thinks he paid over the odds for WhatsApp. On the other hand WhatsApp is winging it's way to 1 billion users and every new user adds to the income.

Good deal for the shareholders I reckon.

"WhatsApp has 450 million users and charges 99 cents a year for usage"

Never paid a penny to use whatsapp ??

Could try viber, allows calls and video messages as well as texts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Don't use it M8 so I can only go by their own website which says first year free then 99 cents a year although I've heard some early users get it free for life.

WhatsApp FAQ - What are WhatsApps subscription fees?

I believe the business model changed. I know you had to purchase the app on iphone, but was free on android, however now I believe its an subscription service where you pay for a year. This may only be for new users though.

"WhatsApp has 450 million users and charges 99 cents a year for usage"

Never paid a penny to use whatsapp ??
Me neither, I think they sent me a message about a year ago but i just ignored it: still working (free)!

I read the other day Whatsapp are gong to be bringing in voicecalls as well.

can somebody explain what "whats app" does ?

one of the kids at work (sorry one of the young engineers) thought we really ought to have it so we can keep "intouch"

we already have Nokia windows smart phones with unlimited phone calls, sms and email we also have tosh netbooks with wifi dongles and have the same email and we also have MS lync which as well as instant messaging has voice and video conferencing oh yes and the engineers all have a 10G dropbox folder we can utilise.

i asked what "whats app" did in addition that this multitude of comms packages already available to use did, and as per usual i got from the younger generation, the 1000 yard stare and no reply.

but i would like to know what it offers......

can somebody explain what "whats app" does ?

one of the kids at work (sorry one of the young engineers) thought we really ought to have it so we can keep "intouch"

we already have Nokia windows smart phones with unlimited phone calls, sms and email we also have tosh netbooks with wifi dongles and have the same email and we also have MS lync which as well as instant messaging has voice and video conferencing oh yes and the engineers all have a 10G dropbox folder we can utilise.

i asked what "whats app" did in addition that this multitude of comms packages already available to use did, and as per usual i got from the younger generation, the 1000 yard stare and no reply.

but i would like to know what it offers......

Simply put? Free messaging, cool app, shafted later lol

so nothing then, its a free message app

like unlimited txt, or email, or free instant messaging in lync

so nothing then, its a free message app

like unlimited txt, or email, or free instant messaging in lync

That's exactly it, great in emerging countries where tariffs are still expensive, it uses your data connection. Its only benefit could be for free MMS messaging.

TT

Great on holiday if there's free wifi in a cafe/pub/hotel. Free MMS or SMS whilst abroad could save you a fortune.
HH.

just because someone purchased the app, doesnt mean it has changed at all mate

just because someone purchased the app, doesnt mean it has changed at all mate

It may not change immediately mate but in the future and with FB history I'm sure they will exploit the user base some how. Why else would FB buy it unless they can make money from it in one way or another.

Back