Free Virgin Media WiFi router

ahh well. i must be a push over and never try hard enough lol!!!

i know it works that way nowadays with mobile contracts - thats how it's so hard to get owt off them. my mate works for a phone company in the retentions departments (err... we'll call them 'Apple' for arguements sake ;) ) and he says the high spenders get the phones they want, the £15p/m bunch wanting the latest phone get nowt.
LOL @ Apple.

Just ry harder mate. Look at what Jfish said. I did the same thing when they first messed me about. I wanted a second fone line for a few quid a month and said if you dont give me what I want, I'll cancel and add a second number onto my existing BT line and to to sky and talk talk for tv and broadband.

You threaten to take away about £250 a year from them, they respond well

LOL @ Apple.

Just ry harder mate. Look at what Jfish said. I did the same thing when they first messed me about. I wanted a second fone line for a few quid a month and said if you dont give me what I want, I'll cancel and add a second number onto my existing BT line and to to sky and talk talk for tv and broadband.

You threaten to take away about £250 a year from them, they respond well

sometime playing mr nicey nice with sugar on doesnt work . .you got to be firm and assertive with them, obviously dont be rude and swear

last year tried to get a sky+ box from Sky phoned iup on morning, spoke to a lady she said ohh can do it for 49 quid installer, said cant afford that, phone in afternoon, different person same story 49 quid - both calls I was being nice and polite.. phoned up again around 10pm spoke to another person and said "give me sky+ or I am phoning up virgin and getting their v+ package and cancelling my sub with Sky now.. the women then says hold on let me check comes back 5 mins and says yes can do it for free.

sometime playing mr nicey nice with sugar on doesnt work . .you got to be firm and assertive with them, obviously dont be rude and swear

last year tried to get a sky+ box from Sky phoned iup on morning, spoke to a lady she said ohh can do it for 49 quid installer, said cant afford that, phone in afternoon, different person same story 49 quid - both calls I was being nice and polite.. phoned up again around 10pm spoke to another person and said "give me sky+ or I am phoning up virgin and getting their v+ package and cancelling my sub with Sky now.. the women then says hold on let me check comes back 5 mins and says yes can do it for free.
That's the one mate. Gotta be firm with big corps coz they dont care about the pennies so to speak, they care about customer loyalty and repeat subs

I am with Virgin for the broadband and Sky for the TV. I recently asked Sky for a SKY HD, they wouldn't "give" it, I asked them to at least wave off the installation fee, but they just wouldn't budge. Been a customer for around 10 years aswell.

Virgin are good, they have very fast internet but being a customer for just over a year, ain't expecting much from threatning to cancel. (Only have 10MB internet and only a customer for a year)

Really wanted SKYHD.

I never had any problems with getting freebies from them. Got new router, £18 of bill, free second tv box and now 50mb at the reduced price of £28

My brother told me about VM giving out free roters worth £40, as he rang them up about a general enquiry and they gave him a router and 15 channels for 50p a month!
So today i rang the cancellations option on the 150 number, and i said i am thinking of moving internet providers as i want wireless, so he gave me a free router no trouble, plus £10 off my bill each month as ive been a loyal customer for 4 years! he even took off the £5 non direct debit handling charge to £1.50 a month! i've got t.v XL package with them, M telephone line, and just had the cheapest £20 a month broadband, which was costing me £50 something a month, now after speaking to this nice chap at VM its £40 a month! well pleased. he did say that if i accept all this it will be on a 12 month contract, which i dont mind as was planning on staying with them anyway! Good Luck guys!
xx

but if you take out the free router, dont you have to return it once the contract is over? please let me know or i will order 1 too :)

thanks

hnj

yep i just saw it on virgin medias site:

it says:

'Free wireless router offer for L and XL: Wireless enabled equipment required. Available to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: L and Size: XL Broadband services (subject to status and credit checks). Wireless router for XXL: Wireless router and adaptor are included your package. Equipment remains property of Virgin Media.'

I hate that, I cancelled the Virgin phone, and they took the Virgin box.

I just called them up asking for a free wireless router as per their website (Im on 10 meg) Guy on the other end goes on to waffel for a second about xl and a free router....me not really listening im like NO mate I just want the FREE Router never mind any "upgrading" stuff. Luckily for me he once again restarts his speil "Mr Diddy what I am saying is as you have been a customer for 8+ years I'll upgrade you from 10meg to 20 meg AND take £5 per month off your bill AND send you a Free router via ups" And at that point im like oh....ok then lol, sorry for jumping the gun there mate ect ect.
So just because I called up for a free router I end up getting that as well as faster net and a reduced bill = result.:proud::proud::proud:

just called vermin, said that sky had chapped the door and promised the world. 'ill get one out to you now' steve said. lol

too easy....

Hi
Just been noseing around as new to this site, Pleased to say that I have a free router comming, just told them that I had a phone call from sky offering free wii fii router, Virgin could not get it out to me quick enough,Thanks for all the threads on this subject because I proably would never have tried to get a free one.

Hi
Just been noseing around as new to this site, Pleased to say that I have a free router comming, just told them that I had a phone call from sky offering free wii fii router, Virgin could not get it out to me quick enough,Thanks for all the threads on this subject because I proably would never have tried to get a free one.

same here mate and i still havent got round to doing it yet and i need a 2nd router lol ill get on the phone friday and see what i can get cheers o/p.

I got a DIR-615 Wireless N Router when i upgraded from 20 meg to 50 i was going to phone up for this but i decided to upgrade when the price of 50 meg came down.

its £18 a month for the first 3 months then £28 thereafter mate but this is worth the £11 a month phone too and i think the first 3 months offer maybe for new customers only as i paying the £28 now :(

I think the general rule of thumb is that if you have an existing package with them then it costs about £8 a month more + 1 off fees of £30 installation + £20 activation.

Back