Free Microsoft Hardware!! Best Freebie in ages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a reply this morning.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We would like to inform you that we are currently investigating your request. As the Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 is obsolete, it is out of production.

Once we have some solution for you we will contact you immediately.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

i just got this e-mail today but this is what i got

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be kindly informed that the product wireless entertainment desktop 8000 has status obsolete, which means that it is out of production, so it will not be longer available.

You may choose any product from the link we have provided before Microsoft Hardware Mouse and Keyboard?Home Page.

Kindly be advised that the most similar product to your what you have isWireless Laser Desktop 7000.

Unfortunately we can only replace one on one product, so we can not offer any additional products and refund is not an option as well.

We are looking forward to your response, to be able to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation.

why give you a choice and then tell you you can only have what you all ready have . but you cant hav it has they dont make them anymore . or iam i reading it wrong?

i just received this email

We apologize for the long delay and inconvenience caused.

In reference to your support case with reference number xxxxxxxxx, I'm glad to inform you that I can offer you a warranty replacement for the hardware you're facing difficulties with.

Please allow approx. 10 days for the package to be delivered once it has been sent from our side. If you haven't received the replacement for 14 days please reply to this email. In that email, I suggest you mention the reference number in your reply.

Many thanks for contacting us.

Kind regards,

HONOREEN FERNANDEZ

Customer Service Professional |Microsoft Customer Services

funny thing is this was the very first one which i had tryed when the post first went up and as today i have received 2 of the lazer desktops, a sidewinder mouse and a comfort keyboard maybe all those now forgotten about tryes are going to come back :proud::proud::proud:

i just received this email

funny thing is this was the very first one which i had tryed when the post first went up and as today i have received 2 of the lazer desktops, a sidewinder mouse and a comfort keyboard maybe all those now forgotten about tryes are going to come back :proud::proud::proud:

whats them lazer desktops like m8 ?

why give you a choice and then tell you you can only have what you all ready have . but you cant hav it has they dont make them anymore . or iam i reading it wrong?

lol i think that makes us 2,
1 minutes they say its one on one than i need to pick another item cos they don't make the other one anymore, i haven't replied to them yet just thinking what will be the best sentance to say which can make a diffrent

hi had this message to mate i then picked the wireless desktop 6000 i recieved this today tho i also applied for the 7000 and recieved that today best freebe i have ever had gr8 find...... and thankyou microsoft lol....

hi had this message to mate i then picked the wireless desktop 6000 i recieved this today tho i also applied for the 7000 and recieved that today best freebe i have ever had gr8 find...... and thankyou microsoft lol....

lol i agree,
what did u think of the 7000 model? any good

Last edited:
I actually can't believe it, 3 and a half weeks after I sent them an email I have just had a reply saying my items are being sent!

Amazing :D

Can anyone help me with a Pid for a "Wireless Laser Desktop 7000", doesn't show up on MSPiD.

thanks

hero 1984

i quite like the 7000 really nice u get a touch panel for ur favourites and the mouse comes with a charging dock which is better i think... and both mouse and keyboard r really nice to use....to those who they say cant have the 8000 i would then say get the 7000.....

here is what i got in email reply

Thank you for contacting Microsoft PC Hardware Technical Support.

My name is Santosh and I would help you with SideWinder X6 Keyboard.

Alan, from the information provided by you in your response and the results of the test that you have tried, it seems that the issue lies with the device. Hence, to resolve this issue, we will go ahead and provide you with a replacement for it.

However, to provide you the replacement and set the warranty date, we need you to provide a copy of the purchase receipt which clearly indicates the date of sale and the name and address of the store from which the device was purchased, as well as the screenshot of the back of the keyboard showing the Serial Number as well as the Product ID (P/N).
Note: The following items are unacceptable items as proof of purchase: Text documents, Bank or credit card statements, hand-written receipts, and statement from eBay, Amazon Marketplace, or other non-retail forms of evidence.
You can send your proof of purchase and the screenshot of the back of the keyboard displaying the Product and Serial Number by simply responding to this email with the items requested. Please follow the instructions below:
1. If you have access to a scanner, scan the receipt. You can also use the camera on your mobile phone or a standard digital camera to take a picture of the receipt as well as the back of your keyboard where the PID is listed. Both the receipt and the screenshot of the back of your keyboard are required and the numbers must be clear on files. If you purchased online, a screenshot of the receipt will suffice.
2. Respond directly to this email, including your attachments (the purchase receipt file as well as screenshots). Please note that you must respond to this email for us to proceed with warranty validation. If you do not use the reply option to this email we will be unable to relate your response to your service request and your resolution will be delayed.
3. With the information also include the Product ID (P/N) located on the bottom of the device.
4. Ensure the file (attachment) is less than 1 megabyte in size. If your file is larger, your mail may be rejected by our system.
5. Send your attachment in JPG, GIF, or TIF format. This minimizes the file size, and also ensures that we can open your file successfully.
We will monitor your service request for your response. If we do not receive a response within ten (10) business days, we assume that you no longer need help and the incident will be closed.
If anything in my e-mail is unclear or you require further help, don't hesitate to let me know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance. I will look forward to your response.

Regards,

Santosh
Microsoft Product Support Services

looks like it is over now

sounds to me like they have clicked onto it mate in the two emails i have done they never sed any of that to me:::

hero 1984

i quite like the 7000 really nice u get a touch panel for ur favourites and the mouse comes with a charging dock which is better i think... and both mouse and keyboard r really nice to use....to those who they say cant have the 8000 i would then say get the 7000.....

hmmmm thats what i might have to do to cos am not getting a 8000 model, they not making it anymore

I have tried, sent a few messages but only got the first email, see what happens.

you need to wait a while but this still works, you only need lucky but microsoft its still sending free hardware, the entertaiment desktop 8000 its out, but they exchange it for laser entertainment 6000

Got this email, what do i do now?
-------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Hardware Products Online Support.

This is Kapil and I will assist you with SideWinder X6 Keyboard.

As I understand, the SideWinder X6 Keyboard does not work. Please let me know if I have misunderstood your concern.

I understand your concern. Please be assured I will try my best to help you resolve the issue.

As there might be various reasons for the issue, I am including a few steps to isolate the issue.

Possible causes:

1. Issue with ports

2. Issue with the keyboard

My Suggestions

Step 1: Refresh Connection:

1. Please try connecting the Keyboard to different ports and check the behavior. By trying the Keyboard on different ports, we can rule out any issues with the port.

If the issue persists, please try the next steps.

Step 2: Install Keyboard Software

Please download the latest Software for the Microsoft Keyboard:

To download the latest software for your Microsoft Keyboard product over the Internet now please visit the Microsoft website Software Download

1. Install the Software

2. Restart the computer when prompted

Test the Keyboard. If the issue persists, follow next step.

Step 3: Test in Microsoft Keyboard Diagnostics Tool:

When the software for the keyboard is installed, we get a diagnostic tool that helps us check the response of strokes of keys. To launch please follow the mentioned steps

1. Please try connecting the keyboard to different ports and check the behavior. By trying the receiver on different ports, we can rule out any issues with the port.

Note: Bypass any port replicators, USB hubs, KVM switches etc and connect the receiver directly to the ports.

2. Click on Start, Click on Run

3. Type - MsKey and click OK

4. Please try the keys and check the response, should register each stroke instantly.

Step 4: Test on a different computer

If the issue persists, please test the Keyboard on a different computer and check if the issue gets duplicated. This way, we can isolate whether the issue is with the hardware.

If the device is not working, you may replace it from the point of purchase.

Please try the steps mentioned above and let me know the results. If you have any further questions or need clarifications, please let me know, I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Kapil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back