Four stabbed to death on same day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the exact reason why I have left the country! I decided that I couldn't bear my son to grow up in such a violent society and worry every second that he would be out. I have moved to Bergen in Norway which although is bloody expensive it is also very crime free. We show people here Sky news and they just can't believe it when they see what is happening in the UK. Such a shame that a country I love so much has forced me to leave in order to keep my family safe.

It's time for some VERY radical punishments to be dished out. The UK has been too soft on criminals for too long. Time for the country to be given back to the people by a prime minister that has been chosen by the people..........that is NOT you Gordon Brown, step down and let the people decide.

What's with all this these days about people demanding respect ???
And someone who "disses" someone else is in trouble??
When I was younger respect was earned, not demanded or expected!!!
Any teenage scroat that feels the necessity to walk the streets with a knife gets no respect from me I'm afraid. It is the mark of an arsehole who hasn't got the intellectual abilty to reason any argument to a conclusion, or the balls to raise his fists as a last resort.
They hide behind these knives and are in my opinion cowards.

As for knives being too easily available, I have a drawer full in my kitchen. I have never felt the need to walk the streets with one of them though.

As 1 part of a solution, how about a decent minimum prison term for being caught in possesion and increased stop and search?

Curly

the whole concept of respect has changed its more something like

fear = respect, if your kind and nice your more likly a target of bullying

The point is, poverty isnt the reason why knife crime has increased. Knife sales are not controlled in the UK that much, pretty much anyone can buy one and it has been this way for a long time. If poverty was the sole reason, then knife crime would have been a lot bigger etc.

I also dont see the fabled break up of the family as the reason either. I would like to see if all of these knife wielding criminals all come from broken homes.

Knife crime is a problem due to people having easy access to knives, and these people then carrying them in public and then using them on other people. This article links from the one mentioned here :http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7421534.stm and is quite interesting reading. It mentions that those living in poverty stricken areas are more likely to be victims of knife crime.

So is there a correlation between poverty and knife crime? Satz and I were arguing yes, you said no yet that links proves you to be wrong.

just to point out, the people never choose the primeminister - we choose the party.

The party elects a primeminister.

post clocking.......

post clocking.......

whats post clocking? Is it when you just make nonsense posts all over the place to make yourself look good?

If thats the case, then you do it loads. All you ever do on here is agree with all the bigmouths just to make yourself look good.

Stabbings have nothing to do with any one thing - its a whole bundle of things that go into it. How easy is it to go buy a knife? Very - if it wasnt then people wouldnt be carrying them around all the time. And before all the smartarses start saying i have a draw full of them at home, get real how many kids you think are going to walk around with a kitchen knife in the pocket? Not many. the only way we are ever gonna start to solve this is to reduce the amount of knives on sale.

hi sausagesoap I think you like getting involved in threads where there may be a bit of controversy lol

last post 29th December 2007, 13:51 then BOSH straight in to a heated discussion lol

yeah, sorry about that. i get a bit worked up when i see things like this.

i only come on here from time to time when work lets me, we use this for our sat tv. this was on the top of the list when i had a look to see what was going on lol

whats post clocking? Is it when you just make nonsense posts all over the place to make yourself look good?

If thats the case, then you do it loads. All you ever do on here is agree with all the bigmouths just to make yourself look good.

Stabbings have nothing to do with any one thing - its a whole bundle of things that go into it. How easy is it to go buy a knife? Very - if it wasnt then people wouldnt be carrying them around all the time. And before all the smartarses start saying i have a draw full of them at home, get real how many kids you think are going to walk around with a kitchen knife in the pocket? Not many. the only way we are ever gonna start to solve this is to reduce the amount of knives on sale.

You're not karyms super secret side kick are you, maybe uglier twin? I suppose every Laurel needs a Hardy.

Stop chatting nonsense. You want to reduce knife crime by making less knives for sale? When you wake up from your hazy and disillusioned sense of reality then chat to me. Knives are so readily available this is impractical or should I say impossible.

for gods sake Munkey, the link doesnt prove me wrong at all. The pair of you were claiming that knife crime is down to poverty - the link states it isnt.

You then went on to say its down to the break up of the family, the link states that violent crime is falling, not rising.

If I want to remind people that the country elects a party and not a primeminister, I will. I dont feel the need to make whimsical posts....

At the end of the day, it isnt about who is right or wrong - its about stopping the problem. And no amount of posturing from you here is going to make that happen...

Read the thread again. Satz made a suggestion which you rubbished. It was a fair suggestion that should have been discussed and not rubbished.

You believe as gospel what you read in the papers, search on google and government stats. I prefer to make up my own mind. That fact that you believe that violent crime is falling proves your are a sheep incapable of having your OWN opinion.

No amount of posting, no matter how fast or slow by you is going to change anything. The fact that you jump down people throats for making sensible suggestions related to the thread just shows that you have no interest in discussing possible solutions to this knife epidemic. Posting links to stories and stats cannot interpret what is going on in the real world on our streets. I suggest you leave the comfort zone of your desktop and venture out into the real world. You may just see that google is wrong.

How would people be able to eat if you couldnt have knives...

I blame the parents, TV, Young Folk, Old Folk, Britney Spears, The Spice Girls, Taxes, Laziness, The Government and stupidity all those things are the reason for crimes...

Most knife injuries are not with commando knives though are they... If some low life idiot wants to hurt someone they arent going to care if its a commando knife they are just going to grab anything they can get...

Stopping knives and guns wont really stop crimes like this, they will just get even more vulgar with home made weapons etc

no your right they are not all done with this sort of knife. hing is though why are they on sale to the public, there is no need for it.

I dont know mate, please no one get offended by me saying this but in my opinion honestly speaking is some nutter/lunatic/maniac wanted to stab me I would rather be stabbed by a professional sharp blade rather than some rusty home made blade... I dont mean that with any disrespect to the people stabbed or anything, I just mean I would actually prefer it myself at least with a professional blade you do stand some chance, a butter knife would hurt a lot more and there are more risks of infections and stuff

I dont know mate, please no one get offended by me saying this but in my opinion honestly speaking is some nutter/lunatic/maniac wanted to stab me I would rather be stabbed by a professional sharp blade rather than some rusty home made blade... I dont mean that with any disrespect to the people stabbed or anything, I just mean I would actually prefer it myself at least with a professional blade you do stand some chance, a butter knife would hurt a lot more and there are more risks of infections and stuff

i here you matey i got stabbed in the jaw( under chin above windpipe with a screwdriver went strate thru me tong aswell hurt like a rite fuker it did . but if it had been a combat pro knife i think id be dead as it will slice with movement a blunt thing doesnt if you see what i mean.

and because this guy did this to me at the cash point 10 yrs ago for me money i withdrew , i had to defend myself just went a bit over the top with it,bottom line he ended up on a life support for 4 weeks and got 300 hrs community service as he blamed a drug adiction. i got........................8 years for GBH and server 3 yrs and a tag for 12 months and just to finish it off im not allowed within 500yds of the place of incident.

great ey..... just going to the cashpoint can seriousley change your life its sad..........

and just a further point as to y combat knifes should be banned it takes less force for a sharp object to penertrate deeper than a blunt 1 does.

Last edited:
Yes but I thought a blunt object would hurt a lot more and cause more damage, than a sharp object were the incision would also be smaller and less painfull... Obviously doesnt count if its in the face though...

Sorry about your ordeal, however if this druggie didnt have that kind of knife god knows what else they would have used??? Its the people that are to blame that should be locked up for life or executed in my opinion rather than the objects they use...

"Man charged with stabbing murder
A man has been charged with the murder of another man who died of a stab wound after crashing his car in east London.

Akeel Shah, 23, of North Birkbeck Road, Leytonstone, is due before Waltham Forest Magistrates' Court over the death of Adnan Patel.

Mr Patel, 20, who is believed to have been stabbed in a nearby street, died after he crashed his Ford Focus in Downsell Road in Leyton.

He was one of four young men to die in separate attacks in one day in London.

Three other men, two aged 22 and one 37-year-old, who were also arrested over the death of Mr Patel have been released on bail until August. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7504626.stm

if found guilty i wonder with how many years he will get away....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back