formatting h/d to wbfs for wii flow

wazok

Member ++
Reaction score
need help in formatting my h/d to wbfs, got wiiflow loader on my wii .
connetcted the h/d to port on the wii but still cannot format to wbfs.

need help in formatting my h/d to wbfs, got wiiflow loader on my wii .
connetcted the h/d to port on the wii but still cannot format to wbfs.
iv just downloaded this mate, it should do the job for what your after?

WBFS Manager

Beat me to it lol:proud:
sorry mate

lol, just managed to softmod my 2nd wii there after abit of trouble but got there in the end, havnt got my ex hard drive yet so im just gunna try and load a game on a sd card and try it to make sure it works, but obvs needed to download thaat software 1st, let u know how i get on?

@ dogtoffee, downloaded wbfs software onto laptop, formatted my 8gb sdhc card and loaded mario kart on it via that software, all went well, but when im clicking neogamma r8 to play the game via sdhc card it just tries to load and counts down from 30 tries to 0, any idea mate?

cannot get wiiflow to work,
got the software and now got 2 partitions one fat 32(primary) and wbgs .
ive loaded a game to the wbgs partition,ive put the wiiflow folder on the fat32 partition
i cannot get the wii to recognise the hdd,
ive tried via homebrew/wiiflow 249 and 222, but get an error WBFS_open failed :01.
ive tried via the forwarder supplied with the package,
i can get loader gx working through the hbc.

cannot get wiiflow to work,
got the software and now got 2 partitions one fat 32(primary) and wbgs .
ive loaded a game to the wbgs partition,ive put the wiiflow folder on the fat32 partition
i cannot get the wii to recognise the hdd,
ive tried via homebrew/wiiflow 249 and 222, but get an error WBFS_open failed :01.
ive tried via the forwarder supplied with the package,
i can get loader gx working through the hbc.
can you explain how you got the loader gx working on hbc mate and what files you used, coz i cant get it on, gotta use my external hard drive through neogamma but its pretty crap as i cant see all the games, only 1 at a time!

Hi i used theis tool for game management and usb HDD formatting ncWBFSTool v1.0 - WiiNewz - Nintendo Wii Modchip & Hacking Community

softmodded wii or hard mod its ur choice ive tried both no problem

installed the 4.2 hack found on this site i can put a send u a rapidshare link after xmas if u cant find it :)

create a primary partition on ya usb HDD no bigger than 2 gig formatted as fat32 and place the wii flow folder on it use the above link to format and drop the games on the remaining partition via ur pc to get u going (make second partition on ur usb drive active in windows so it can be seen as a physical extention drive so it can be seen and formatted using the tool above) and use one of the wad channels to launch the loader no need for forwarder if u don't with to.

remember u will if on 4.2 need to remove the ios249 stub and reinstall a custom 249 to allow install of cios249 rev 14 or above for the loader to work.

have fun and merry xmas....any questions im sure someone will be about to help :) now wheres my jack and coke ?? lol

have a good un one and all merry xmas

Why not keep the entire drive FAT32 so that it is compatible with the rest of the world and just use a compatible loader like Configurable USB Loader which is a Wii Flow clone anyway, so you still get those sexy graphical menus.

WBFS is old news.

@w
when using fat32 for the wii,can you just load a wii iso?any problems with games not loading?
also do you wiiscrub them first?

@w
when using fat32 for the wii,can you just load a wii iso?any problems with games not loading?
also do you wiiscrub them first?

Every game I've tried has loaded first time mate, I'm yet to find a title that will not boot. :)

To store games on FAT32 you need to run the ISO through a small application on your PC that will scrub all the shit out of it and leave you with only the game content, it also rebuilds the iso into a .wbfs image, this results in some 4.7Gb iso's being reduced to 256Mb etc :)

Conversion of a 4.7Gb iso takes around 90 seconds on my machine, but this includes the actual transfer from PC to your external HDD.

Once you have scrubbed the iso's, you copy them to a folder called WBFS on your FAT32 drive and that's it :)

All the same cool toys as WiiFlow, cover / cheat downloaders etc, same smooth and sexy skinnable GUI except your drive can be read by all your other toys at the same time and not locked to that shitty WBFS format.

Last edited:
cheers "w"
any chance of uploading the loader?or do you have a link
thanks wazok

cheers "w"
any chance of uploading the loader?or do you have a link
thanks wazok

Here you go mate.

Unpack and install as usual then after installation replace the original .dol with the extra one supplied.

The extra .dol is for FAT32 users, the one contained in the main install is WBFS.

Full install details are included in the main rar.

Last edited:
i have just changed to configurable usb loader as gave my hdd away and using one that i am using with pc and wii at the moment and i love it you can have coverflow and it looks wicked and all my games are on an ntfs as it is also supported now like fat32 just use wii backup manager to load games all you need to do is put a folder called wbfs in your drive

Here you go mate.

Unpack and install as usual then after installation replace the original .dol with the extra one supplied.

The extra .dol is for FAT32 users, the one contained in the main install is WBFS.

Full install details are included in the main rar.
think i'll have to give that a go cheers mate?

@w
tried that software,
easy to use but it takes ages to load, am i doing sometihng wrong?
wazok

@w
tried that software,
easy to use but it takes ages to load, am i doing sometihng wrong?
wazok

How long is ages mate?

Mine takes about 8 seconds, I think the delay is the software trying to sync up with the Fat32 drive.

BTW, if you are using a FAT32 drive but aren't using the FAT32 .DOL then AFAIK it will take a long time to boot.

As it is booting, look at the bottom right hand side of the screen, it should tell you that it is using FAT.

...or do you mean that it takes ages to load the games? - Your games should boot instantaneously mate.

Back